Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

08-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Losing Mapping for Notification Sounds

2012-09-04, 16:26 PM

It seems like many times when I plug my phone into a USB cable attached to my laptop (which is my normal method for charging it), charge the phone, and then detach the phone from the cable, I have to go back through and reassign personal tones for SMS messages and email accounts.  Every sound has defaulted back to my default phone ringtone, and when I go back into my sound settings, my default notification says "unknown notification".  If I tap on it to hear what sound it is, it plays my default ringtone.  

I monitor 8 email accounts and assign different notification sounds for each one.  I also have personal SMS sounds for any texts from my wife or ESPN.  It's annoying when I disconnect my USB cable to have to go back through everything and reassign these different tones.  

Just some notes:  

***This problem only seems to happen when I leave the phone connected to the USB cable for an extended period of time (such as overnight) or when I have copied some files from my laptop to my phone's SD card

***All of my sounds are stored on my SD card.  This problem acts as if the phone loses any mappings to files on the SD card if it is connected as a mass storage device for an extended period of time

***I use the built-in email program for monitoring all my email accounts

***My default USB computer connection is selected as Mass Storage since MotoCast and ZumoCast are not supported by the Electrify 2

***My default SMS program is GO SMS Pro which I've use for years on many different phones with no problem

I am not positive that this issue happens ONLY when I disconnect my phone from the USB cable in my laptop, but so far that is the only pattern I have noticed.  I will continue to track this and let you know if/when it happens again.  I have had my phone for 2 weeks, had all of my email accounts' sounds and personal SMS sounds set up for about a week, and have had to reassign my notification sounds for everything at least a dozen times so far. Thanks!

Answer
Options

15 Posts

08-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Losing Mapping for Notification Sounds

2012-09-13, 16:44 PM

Just FYI, the phone was returned to US Cellular and labeled as faulty.  I received a new replacement and have had no issues.

Replies(3)
Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 2 of 4

2012-09-05, 10:59 AM
lonegator

When you disconnect from your PC, are you doing the "safe to remove USB device" procedure, or just disconnecting? (Eject Motorola USB Device) or (Eject MOT (X))

Poko

Options

15 Posts

08-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-09-05, 13:12 PM

I have just been disconnecting my phone from the cable.  I will try going through the "safe to remove USB device" method from now on and see if that resolves my issue.

Answer
Options

15 Posts

08-30-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-09-13, 16:44 PM

Just FYI, the phone was returned to US Cellular and labeled as faulty.  I received a new replacement and have had no issues.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms