Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ 2
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-18-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

electrify 2 virus?

2013-03-18, 22:01 PM
Hi. I have a an electrify 2 and recently I started getting this small rectangle pop-up that says "connected" it has appeared like 2 or 3 times that I know of and ive never seen it before since I own the phone. I scanned the phone with the AntiVirus and it said the phone was clear of viruses. But I'm still not 100% sure since I've been getting this weird message. Could this be a virus or spyware? Is there any way I can manually look for that might hint a virus or spyware? I really don't want to go to the point of doing a factory reset and losing my info and apps. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid. Thanks for your help guys.
Options

4 Posts

03-18-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: electrify 2 virus?

2013-03-18, 23:07 PM
And on two of my email accounts ive gotten an email saying that someone in Indonesia tried to access my account with a wrong password. Which only makes me suspect more that my phone might have something :(
Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-03-20, 1:34 AM

Sounds like a good time to re-evaluate some of your third party Apps, checking the Permissions granted to each app. Sometimes as apps update, their Permissions to access your phone changes.

Changing of your passwords my also be a good thing to do. Try not to have the same password with all your email and other apps as the same thing.

• If you are going to factory reset your phone, try installing App Dragon first, it can list all your app and email the list to you. 

• The GooglePlay and Amazon Apps also keep track of what Apps you download from them.

Options

4 Posts

03-18-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-03-20, 18:26 PM
The day before I had installed a bunch of video Downloaders and I decided to uninstall all of them to see if that was the problem and it stopped. Never knew which one it was or if it was normal app activity or if it was transmitting my personal info. I scanned the phone with different AntiVirus and it didnt show any virus or spyware. It might've been normal with the app but I dnt want to risk it. So I guess I'm good now. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms