Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

92 Posts

01-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Electrify M: U S Cellular Bloatware

2013-03-30, 14:21 PM

I thought I would pass this tip along..some of you may already know this.  You CAN do something about all the bloatware the phone comes with ex: daily perks navigator deluxe and all that amazon crud.

Go to settings>apps>scroll all the way right to All.  Then in each app you may have to uninstall any updates, after that you will see DISABLE.

The app wil no longer run / update from play store / removes it from any running process and removes it from the app drawer.  The app is still there at the bottom of the all list marked as "disabled"

I was able to get rid of:

All the amazon crud, City ID, Daily Perks, Google play books, magazines, movies and tv and google+, mobile TV, tone room deluxe, navigator deluxe and zappos.

Have to give credit to the wife, she found this, (we both have the electrify m).

On the google items you may get nagged about something no longer working properly etc don't worry, it dont, who uses google + anyway? I know of no one that does.

Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Electrify M: U S Cellular Bloatware

2013-03-30, 14:53 PM

Thanks for sharing...

I have the old 5G Data Plan so Navigator Deluxe has no extra fee to use it. Most new Data Plans charge extra to use that.

I find the Navigator very helpful when traveling and thankful it it free on my old plan. I mostly agree with you on all the extra added stuff, especially when there are additional fees to try/use them.

Poko

Options

12 Posts

04-10-2013

United States

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Electrify M: U S Cellular Bloatware

2013-04-10, 14:43 PM

Good catch!

This feature exists on all Ice Cream Sandwich and above operating systems.

-Eric

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)