Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 11 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-02-06, 0:06 AM

All up and running and I have all ready noticed apps open alot faster and the appearance has changed but i kind of like it will post back after i use it for a whlie

Options

6 Posts

01-22-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 72

2015-02-06, 15:20 PM

A couple days ago I received a push of kitkat 4.4.2 for my Electrify M but when i try to install the update it starts the install process but fails about a third of the way through. I have deleted unused apps, removed the sd card, and performed a hard reset. Any suggestions on how to get this update installed? 

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 13 of 72

2015-02-06, 20:55 PM

rlcrosby said:

A couple days ago I received a push of kitkat 4.4.2 for my Electrify M but when i try to install the update it starts the install process but fails about a third of the way through. I have deleted unused appsicon1.png, removed the sd card, and performed a hard reset. Any suggestions on how to get this update installed? 

View original

When you see the progress bar going across the screen... Press the Vol-Up and Vol-Dn Buttons simultaneously to bring up the install screen (recovery menu). 

If the above step doesn't work to unhide the install, try: Press and hold the VOL DOWN key for 5-10 seconds. While still holding the VOL DOWN key tap and release the VOL UP key.

It will stop when the upgrade fails with the reason why it failed. Provide a picture of the screen or copy the text into a message and I can suggest what is wrong. Removing apps from the phone likely caused this as removing system apps will cause security failure. You'd have to restore phone to stock JellyBean in order to be able to upgrade successfully.

Mark

Motorola Support

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 14 of 72

2015-02-06, 23:35 PM

After 24 hours of using the phone and trying all types of different things here is what i have so far.

1 - Apps run much faster

2 - battery life is at least 50 % better i started at 5am at 100% and at 6pm it is at 58% before the update 4 hours top and battery would need charging

3- the appearance is nice and refreshing 

My only quirk is on sms messaging i wish i could make ther background different colors for recieving and sending messages and this is a very small issue

great job guys so far extremely pleased

Options

6 Posts

01-22-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 15 of 72

2015-02-07, 12:51 PM

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

rlcrosby said:

A couple days ago I received a push of kitkat 4.4.2 for my Electrify M but when i try to install the update it starts the install process but fails about a third of the way through. I have deleted unused appsicon1.png, removed the sd card, and performed a hard reset. Any suggestions on how to get this update installed? 

View original

When you see the progress bar going across the screen... Press the Vol-Up and Vol-Dn Buttons simultaneously to bring up the install screen (recovery menu). 

If the above step doesn't work to unhide the install, try: Press and hold the VOL DOWN key for 5-10 seconds. While still holding the VOL DOWN key tap and release the VOL UP key.

It will stop when the upgrade fails with the reason why it failed. Provide a picture of the screen or copy the text into a message and I can suggest what is wrong. Removing apps from the phone likely caused this as removing system apps will cause security failure. You'd have to restore phone to stock JellyBean in order to be able to upgrade successfully.

Mark

Motorola Support

View original

I went ahead and did the factory reset on my phone but I am still getting the same error.  Following your instructions here is the error that I am receiving during the install.  Hopefully this will help.

The error states "system/etc/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contents.

I am also attaching a picture of the screen.

Options

13 Posts

07-26-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 16 of 72

2015-02-09, 6:02 AM

Another small issue encountered is a periodic (as in random, not definite intervals) popping of the speaker on the phone. This does not occur during the speakers normal use. It occurs when changing volume, afterwards it makes a pop. Some pop is usual as you are going between on/off states, but it typically happens a second or so after you've changed the volume, a usual pop can happen as soon as the sound stops (the volume change preview sound). It also has occurred at least once when charging, and it had been charging for about a minute with no action. As I said, it does not happen all the time, only sometimes. Also as said, it doesn't occur during the speakers use (sound playing). I am mentioning as I haven't seen anyone else say anything, unless I missed it. However, although this did not occur on Jelly Bean, it is possible my devices speaker is simply wearing out. I do note, as others did, that battery life increased. I left wifi on, and forgot to charge it overnight. That would normally result in a ~10% warning message in the morning, however with KitKat it was still at 40%. Well done.

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 17 of 72

2015-02-09, 16:15 PM

One small issue i encountered over the weekend but do not know if it has anything at all to do with kitkat. I left to go snow mobiling and when i put the phone in my shirt pocket it had 80% battrery left. After riding for approximately 25 minutes I felt the phone getting real hot in my pocket so i moved it to my suit pocket so it would get more air.I returned home after being out for a hour and the battery was at 0 % .so i charged it and it has not done it again .

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 18 of 72

2015-02-09, 21:07 PM

rlcrosby said:

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

rlcrosby said:

View original

Mark

Motorola Support

View original

I went ahead and did the factory reset on my phone but I am still getting the same error.  Following your instructions here is the error that I am receiving during the install.  Hopefully this will help.

The error states "system/etc/install-recovery.sh" has unexpected contents.

I am also attaching a picture of the screen.

View original

Did you install a custom recovery? It's not matching the stock recovery. The phone is modded. Restore to factory JellyBean and you should be able to upgrade.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 19 of 72

2015-02-09, 21:08 PM

BillC said:

One small issue i encountered over the weekend but do not know if it has anything at all to do with kitkat. I left to go snow mobiling and when i put the phone in my shirt pocket it had 80% battrery left. After riding for approximately 25 minutes I felt the phone getting real hot in my pocket so i moved it to my suit pocket so it would get more air.I returned home after being out for a hour and the battery was at 0 % .so i charged it and it has not done it again .

View original

Were you in Rural Wisconsin SnowMobiling? Sounds like your phone wasn't getting a strong signal and thus it was trying to get a stronger signal thus depleting the battery faster. This would have happened on JellyBean as well.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 20 of 72

2015-02-09, 21:46 PM

I was on the trails in Southern Maine and your reply makes alot of sense so far huge improvement running KitKat on my M

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms