Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 51 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-02-18, 20:05 PM

Dave said:

Greetings,

So we have 2 of these XT901 phones and have been getting the 'update' notice for a few days.  Both phones have been rooted so the update could not be applied. 

US Cellular wouldn't 'flash' my phone so I fiddled around and am now back to stock on my phone.  Since then I haven't received the update notice. 

On my wife's phone, we have the option to download to install later.  So, if I knew where it downloaded to, I could pull it off her phone and put it on mine?  It still fails on her phone because it is still rooted.  She's pleased with it at the moment so I'm not allowed to touch it anymore!

Thanks very much

View original

Dave-

We don't endorse sideloading updates. If you don't see the upgrade now there is something wrong. Perhaps you installed the wrong software on your phone. What software is currently installed on the phone? Is it the same or different than your wife's?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 52 of 72

2015-02-18, 20:11 PM

BillC said:

Mark I have a issue with the phone searching for service again, I was in the barn which is connected to the house and i always have  2 bars of 3g service and 2 bars of wifi, On jb it was the same way i can talk and text  with both jb and KitKat the difference is now the phone battery goes completely dead in no time and it never did before. Is there a solution for this with out turning the phone off ?

View original

BillC-

Are you comparing readings or simply the bars in the notification bar. If you compare the reading in Settings > About Phone > Status What is the difference there?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 53 of 72

2015-02-18, 20:35 PM

Mark i was comparing the icons I just went out to the barn and got the readings you wanted they was always changing between -93.6dbm 4asu to -103dbm  1asu and it said mobile service disconnected. I shut the wifi off and the readings did not change.

Options

6 Posts

02-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 54 of 72

2015-02-19, 19:06 PM
​Thank you Mark,
Her phone has
98.22.13.xt901.usc.en.us
while mine says
98.22.7.xt901.usc.en.us​
if that is what you mean?
Dave
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 55 of 72

2015-02-19, 19:12 PM

Dave said:

​Thank you Mark,
Her phone has
98.22.13.xt901.usc.en.us
while mine says
98.22.7.xt901.usc.en.us​
if that is what you mean?

Dave

View original

You have to have 98.22.14 or 98.22.13 to upgrade to the KitKat version. There is no pathway from 98.22.7 straight to KitKat.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 56 of 72

2015-02-19, 19:14 PM

BillC said:

Mark i was comparing the icons I just went out to the barn and got the readings you wanted they was always changing between -93.6dbm 4asu to -103dbm  1asu and it said mobile service disconnected. I shut the wifi off and the readings did not change.

View original

Looking into this. Ignoring the "bars" has the experience changed?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 57 of 72

2015-02-19, 19:22 PM

Chris_B said:

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

@Chris_B-

Turn off Bluetooth and see if your WiFi connectivity improves.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

As Skipper used to say, "Thanks, Gilligan!"

I got your message AFTER I had backed up my phone, moved it all to my SD card, and did a factory reset on it.  Of course, when it rebooted, it immediately latched into our wi-fi network where its been for a few hours now.  I have not reconfigured the Bluetooth profile for our phone system.

Not to worry, though.  I had not yet done the reset on my wife's phone, so I turned off her Bluetooth... BANG!!!  Her phone immediately connected to the wi-fi.  It, too, remains solidly connected.

So this brings us to another rather unacceptable condition.  We have a very reliable DECT phone system that we purchased and installed for its convenience.  It worked fine.  If this turns out to be the fix for establishing reliable wi-fi connectivity, we have a compromise that we would not have made when we purchased the EM's and the DECT system.

This raises an obvious question... what now?  Does this feedback prompt Motorola and Google to come up with a fix?

View original

Chris_B-

Understand your frustration. I've passed this observation on to our engineers to evaluate a possible solution. Further updates would be only provided by request and approval of the service provider. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 58 of 72

2015-02-19, 20:19 PM

Ok Mark I understand you are researching it and thats fine. No the experience has not changed i tried it again today same readings I gave you and went out with 78% 30 minutes later red flashing light battery dead.

Mark the only other problem i have and it is minor is when i was running on jb when i first bought the phone when you plug the charger in the notification light use to come on, it does not do that anymore. The light will come on red or flashing red when the battery is dead then turn green for approx. 5 mins then go out. I contacted or you do not remember which and was told to download the notification widget which i did it is on my homepage and turned on light still does not work when you plug the charger in

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 59 of 72

2015-02-19, 21:47 PM

BillC said:

Ok Mark I understand you are researching it and thats fine. No the experience has not changed i tried it again today same readings I gave you and went out with 78% 30 minutes later red flashing light battery dead.

Mark the only other problem i have and it is minor is when i was running on jb when i first bought the phone when you plug the charger in the notification light use to come on, it does not do that anymore. The light will come on red or flashing red when the battery is dead then turn green for approx. 5 mins then go out. I contacted or you do not remember which and was told to download the notification widget which i did it is on my homepage and turned on light still does not work when you plug the charger in

View original

What was the battery usage at that time? Was it getting warm and flipping back and forth between signal types?

Yes the notification light changed with KitKat. There is an app called LightFlow that some people have used.

The notification light shows red to indicate that the battery is fully depleted. For Green it is that it is charging. Essentially a sign of life before the screen turns on.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Message 60 of 72

2015-02-19, 21:52 PM

BillC said:

View original

BillC-

By experience I mean. Ignoring the number of bars. Is your quality of a voice call decreased under said circumstances/location or is it the same?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms