Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

02-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

USCellular & Godaddy outgoing SMTP

2012-02-19, 17:43 PM

I recently moved from Blackberry to this Motorola Electrify. I have used GoDaddy's, smtpout@secureserver.net outgoing smtp server for years without error. However, my motorola cannot seem to sync with this particular outgoing server. Thereby, I am unable to send email out from the phone. Obviously very frustrating.

I have attempted all possible port settings, starting with 80, then tried 3535, 587. Even tried 456 SSL. Even with GoDaddy tech support, no success.

I have contacted USCellular and they offered smtp.uscc.net with port 25. No success but I am not sure what a username and password would even be if I needed one for this account.

So I am a little perplexed about it all. Not sure what to believe, Is USCellular blocking ports? Or is Android trying to funnel all through gmail accounts. I dont know.

Can anyone relate or share a similar experience?

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: USCellular & Godaddy outgoing SMTP

2012-02-19, 19:24 PM

What app are you using to try to get your GoDaddy email?  The Email app that came on the phone?  K9 Mail???

Is there a specific error code that the phone is giving you?  If so, please note what it says and what steps you take to reproduce this error code.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

111 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-02-20, 16:11 PM

I too use godaddy, and have no issue.

I am using k-9.

smtpout.secureserver.net is the server

I have no securilty type selected, and I'm using port 80.

I so have checked that it requires a sign in, and that the authentication type is set to auto.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2012-02-20, 18:46 PM

mihajlovic1954 said:

I too use godaddy, and have no issue.

I am using k-9.

smtpout.secureserver.net is the server

I have no securilty type selected, and I'm using port 80.

I so have checked that it requires a sign in, and that the authentication type is set to auto.

Thanks for posting (and for the details)!  I hope this resolves the OP's issue Cool

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

5 Posts

02-19-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2012-02-21, 0:06 AM

eaccents said:

What app are you using to try to get your GoDaddy email?"

The Email app that came on the phone?  K9 Mail???

I am manually configuring the Email account with the Accounts (app?) that came standard out of the box (if you will) from Motorola.

I dont know what K9 is at the moment, and dont have it as an app on the phone at the moment. But I'm sure as I close this response I'll go looking for it to see what it is and what it does.

As far as the error code, all I get is a little orange triangle with an exclamation point next the email item. Just after the fail, the notifications window at the top flashes mail not sent. No error codes provided persay. The email item sits in the outbox otherwise.

Options

13997 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2012-02-21, 18:31 PM

avedesigngroupllc said:

eaccents said:

What app are you using to try to get your GoDaddy email?"

The Email app that came on the phone?  K9 Mail???

I am manually configuring the Email account with the Accounts (app?) that came standard out of the box (if you will) from Motorola.

I dont know what K9 is at the moment, and dont have it as an app on the phone at the moment. But I'm sure as I close this response I'll go looking for it to see what it is and what it does.

As far as the error code, all I get is a little orange triangle with an exclamation point next the email item. Just after the fail, the notifications window at the top flashes mail not sent. No error codes provided persay. The email item sits in the outbox otherwise.

K9 Mail is a free app that seems to work pretty well for accounts that don't set up easily with the stock email app.  It is found here:  https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fsck.k9&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5mc2NrLms5Il0.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms