Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™
All Forum Topics
Options

92 Posts

01-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

electrify erased external SD card

2012-09-03, 21:42 PM
All my stuff gone. Music pictures etc. All i did today was hook up to tv hdmi cable to watch a video and somehow it wipped my external sd card. Really pissed anybody know why this happened?
Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: electrify erased external SD card

2012-09-04, 4:38 AM
ReMarkable

1) Have you re-booted the phone to clean out any Apps that may not be closed correctly. Maybe even a battery pull at this point.

2) Then, have you connect to your PC via the USB cable to view any Data/pics left on the SD card.

3) Try pulling the SD card and use an SD card reader on your PC to verify your data is lost or memory card is corrupted.

Let us know what you have done to verify, thanks.

Poko

Options

92 Posts

01-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-09-04, 13:01 PM

Rebooted the phone battery pull did all that.  Connected phone to PC to verify all the files are gone..which they are.  Only thing on the external SD card is all the folders the phone creates on it...which are all dated 9/3/12 and are empty. 

During the video viewing it froze was watching a video via a website.  I disconnected the HDMI rebooted the phone and while the phone was rebooting I hooked the HDMI back up.  When the phone finished booting I restarted the video and everything was fine...was on my WIFI in my house viewing this video.

I did not know the card had been wipped when I went in to it to check a mp3 when one of my ringers did not work and found the card was empty except for the folders I mentioned before.

Card is not corrupt or damaged I've since loaded mp3's back on to it via USB from my pc but ofcourse I did loose all pictures and videos I took with the phone as I had it set up to save to external SD card.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 5

2012-09-04, 14:50 PM

I have never seen this happen on any phone. The only possibility is that something wiped out the File table...

What tools did you use to verify that the card itself is not damaged or corrupted?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

92 Posts

01-02-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2012-09-04, 14:59 PM

AlphaDog said:

I have never seen this happen on any phone. The only possibility is that something wiped out the File table...

What tools did you use to verify that the card itself is not damaged or corrupted?

I didnt use any tools, just hooked up the phone to my pc by USB.  Phone and PC reported 7.51GB free 8.0GB card figured it was fine and reloaded my mp3's back to it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms