01-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

song skips randomly on Pandora and slacker? electrify

2012-01-10, 3:13 AM
 I've been experiencing a weird issue while streaming audio and its driving me nuts... On both Pandora and slacker radio my songs are randomly "skipping" as if I was hitting the skip button. They might play for 5secs or the whole song. The only time the problem goes away is when I'm out of skips! Between that and the awful wifi that cuts out just as randomly, its rather unlistenable. I stream music all day at work, and I've started just using 3g because it doesn't cut out like the wifi, but its eating data and still skips. If I don't find fixes to these issues this phone is going on craigslist... I got it assuming it would out perform my mesmerize which so far it does not.(at least for audio) Also, the streaming audio glitches out every time I press the top hard button. Any suggestions?
Options

13984 Posts

02-02-2016

US

322 Signins

2684 Page Views

• Views: 2684
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: song skips randomly on Pandora and slacker? electrify

2012-01-10, 16:40 PM

@jeffrx7

I did an internet search for "pandora skipping songs" and on another well-known website I found a forum thread with the following info posted by other Pandora users (Android platform):

• random skipping occurs in Pandora

• random skipping also seen in Grooveshark and Slacker, with the Pandora being the best performer

• one poster believes it happens when the phone switches data sources, like when your WiFi cuts out and you switch to cellular data

• could also be that it is from your connection being to slow and the buffer running out.  

• one poster reports that Pandora skips consistently when the data speed drops below 300k down

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Options

19 Posts

11-12-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2012-01-18, 5:09 AM

My Pandora very rarely skips to the next song before the current one is finished when I'm stationary, either Wi-Fi or 3G. When I'm driving in the mountains it happens all the time. I don't believe I've ever heard it pause due to loss of signal and then resume the same song. If it loses connectivity even for an instant, it comes back with a different song. Seems to be just how it works...  

Options

445 Posts

07-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2012-01-18, 13:11 PM

I have a Motorola Triumph on VMUSA (Sprint Network). Sometimes Pandora will stop, buffer, and continue. I notice this more during times where people are commuting, like in the morning or early evening. Sometimes Pandora will stop, and go to another song. I suspect it is network load related.

Options

60 Posts

10-05-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2012-01-18, 23:57 PM

I know there was an update to Pandora check and make sure you have the most recent version.

Also there is a Cell Network Audio Quality setting in the Preferences. I'd switch that to Normal if its set to High, it should help cut down on buffering but quility will go down a little.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete