Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-18-2015

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Electrify M never completes its boot

2015-01-18, 17:20 PM

I have an Electrify M that had been having issues recently. For many programs I would open them and then it would close very soon after, and some times right away. When it did this it would take me back to the home screen. I powered it down with the intent to reboot it since that helped in the past. When it came back up it started with the motorola bat-wing logo, then shifted to the pulsing version. It stays at that point for hours if I let it.

I've attempted to go into the trouble shooting screen (not sure what that's called) with the android laying on it's back. I can get there no problem. I've cleared cache, and done a factory restore. I've done this multiple times and it still returns to the pulsing logo. I can get into fastboot mode but I am not sure what to do there. Also I have tried going into safe mode but that doesn't seem to work (though perhaps I am not doing it correctly. 

It's all very strange, I can't seem to find an official os file that I can try to load in via sd card anywhere. All the info I find on restoring the phone has to do with initiating the process through settings once the phone is on and running.  Any help would be appreciated.

Phone has not been rooted and never had issues before this. First application that gave me problems was Amazon app store. It would not install and said that the package file was not valid. Many others had the start up and close issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps starting with the specific process for start mode and point to a stable OS package that I could use through the update function in the little broken android menu.

Thanks!

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Electrify M never completes its boot

2015-01-30, 19:11 PM

PMACEDO-

Sorry you are having an issue. It sounds like perhaps there has been a fatal memory error on your device. I would contact US Cellular to see what your options are. Being able to restore from an SD Card file wouldn't likely help. You'd need to reflash it using a computer which isn't something we offer direct to customers at this time. Going into a corporate US Cellular store might have the machine to flash your device.

Mark

Motorola Support

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms