Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-04-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Never mind- I figured it out on my own.

2013-03-04, 17:56 PM

I am kind of new to smart phones, been using them for less than 6 months, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.  :-)

I downloaded some ring tones and text tones.  I have my text tone set to a hawk call but for some reason it will only screech like a hawk once when I get a text and then it will start ringing like a phone and it will only stop when I've opened the message.  It's very annoying, expecially when I'm driving since I don't want to be fiddling with my phone.

I have checked my text tone in the settings and it says Hawk Call so I don't know why it's ringing like this.

Before that it was a "power up" sound (from super mario brothers), but I deleted that sound off my phone thinking that would take care of the problem but now it's ringing.  When I had the "power up" sound it would go off twice.  Then when I changed it to the hawk call it would screech like a hawk and then give me the power up sound.  So weird.

If you can give me any advice I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

EDIT- Never mind!  I figured out the problem.  I had Ringo Lite on my phone and it was what had that annoying "ring" selected as my text notification.  I uninstalled Ringo and voila, no more double text tones.  :-)

Thanks anyway anyone who was going to try and help me with this bizarro problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms