Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-29-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 1

Outdated AVRCP severely limits BT music streaming

2013-04-29, 16:45 PM

For the most part I've been enjoying my Motorola Electrify-M. The battery life is outstanding. However I've become aware of a pretty annoying issue that makes me wish I had never chosen this phone. From what I understand in this thread in the Google Code forums, all Android phones run on a somewhat outdated version of AVRCP, which severely limits the phone's Bluetooth capabilities. I just bought a new car over the weekend and was really disappointed to learn that my phone is incapable of streaming music via an app (like Pandora or TuneIn Radio) to my car stereo via Bluetooth. Not only does it NOT have the capability to send track name and artist info via bluetooth... on my phone it appears that it can't even send a basic audio stream from an app. My car can recognize the phone, but it only shows me audio files stored on the phone itself as an option to play. I cannot access any streaming music. I am driving a 2014 Subaru Forester if that matters.

My question is, when will Android in general, and the Electrify M specifically, get an updated AVRCP profile??? I wish I had bought an iPhone or a Windows phone. They have both had updated AVRCP for years.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms