Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-08-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Storage space problems & factory apps for the EM

2013-12-08, 15:24 PM

Hi,

I am having storage space problems lately on my Electrify M.  I got the phone in late January/early February of this year and within the last couple months I have been getting the low space warning when my apps are trying to update.  I have even had to delete everything on my sd card (which was suggested by the phone), it didn't help.  I have slowly been having to delete app after app.  I didn't then, and don't have a ridiculous amount of apps downloaded now. (facebook, snapchat, instagram, & accuweather are all I have left now and it still is low on space)  I've deleted all of my photos, music, videos, I have unsynced the accounts on the phone, and I delete my email & text inboxes frequently to help on saving space. 

I have an 8GB sd card and the phone has supposedly 8GB internal memory... so I don't know what the malfunction is?? 

I shouldn't have to delete almost everything from my "smartphone", what's the point of having it if I can't download any apps?  

So here's my question(s)-

Why won't anything save to my sd card?  I've chosen the option of photos and music files to be saved to it, but they don't.  I can't find the option for apps to be saved to the sd card, like I did with my old phone (the first electrify, which was a FANTASTIC phone BTW)

How can my phone's internal memory be completely full even after deleting everything? 

How can I uninstall/delete the apps that were automatically installed when I got it?  (it has Slacker radio, Uno game, HD game demo pack, twitter, audible, google+, google play magazines, zappos, google play books, amazon mp3, amazon kindle, amazon app store, google play movies & TV, quick office, adobe, mobile TV, city ID, tone room deluxe, and automatically installs more while doing updates)  The only thing I have found to do is choose the "uninstall updates" option, clear out the space it's using, & clear the cache.  But it wont let me delete them completely.  Is there a way to get rid of the unneeded apps??  

Other than those issues, the phone is decent.  For being the upgraded, new model of the previous Electrify that I had for a couple years, I wasn't really impressed with it's overall image & performance.  Other than having the 4G capabilities & built in battery, I haven't found it to be better.  If anything it lacks more than it offers.  

Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Storage space problems & factory apps for the EM

2013-12-19, 10:45 AM

AshMaye,

You may possibly have some corrupted files or an App on your phone. A factory reset may be the best solution to clean the phones memory of all the issues.

Remember to backup all photos and other files you want to save first as everything will be deleted with a reset.

If you what a list of all the Apps you have on the phone before you do a reset, try App Dragon, it will email a copy of everything installed.

You may also need to backup micro SD card, then reformat it also.

Please let us know if this takes cares of problems.

Poko

Options

1 Posts

05-07-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Storage space problems & factory apps for the EM

2014-05-07, 22:24 PM

Having the same problems! Very frustrating as i dont have any extra aps apart from Facebook

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms