Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 8

has Kitkat been cancelled For the M xt901

2014-08-18, 17:01 PM

I would like to know if the update for the Electrify M xt901 has been cancelled i was told some time ago it was being tested but so far we have heard no more. If you would be so kind to give us a update it will help in my decision to buy another phone if the update is not coming and if it is we know you can not or will not give us a time but a apporximate time of completion is not to much to ask

Options

13 Posts

07-26-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: has Kitkat been cancelled For the M xt901

2014-08-21, 8:28 AM
Ah, Yes. I would much like an answer to this as well. I want android 4.4 so bad and have been waiting for this update for a while. Motorola, please give us a ETA on this update, or please tell us that you are still working on it and testing will be completed soon. Let me in on the soak test, or please assuage our concerns. Thanks,

Arkangel11004
Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2014-09-03, 14:38 PM

It seems that Motorola has few resources assigned to upgrade handsets to the latest release of Android. They must be prioritizing which handset to work on based on volumes. If Google keeps coming out with releases (going from 4.4 to .2 to .4, and soon to 5.0), with the relatively small number of USCC handsets compared to Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, etc. we’ll always be prioritized lower and will never get our upgrade.

I really like USCC. Before smartphones, I really didn’t care that I had a less capable flip phone than what the big carriers offered. But I place more value now on having a better supported (i.e., kept up-to-date) device than I used to and am having to revisit my carrier decision. I’d really like to have a Nexus device, but we’ll probably never see that on USCC (or any other CDMA carrier for that matter).

I hope I’m wrong, but as month-after-month goes by and seeing other carriers device’s staying current, I suspect otherwise. I’m not sure where to direct my frustrations toward at this point. It’s unfortunate that Motorola is stringing us along on this and not being more forthcoming with what is happening, but it also appears that USCC Microsoft Windows phones lag behind other carriers’ in getting updates as well.

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2014-09-03, 20:44 PM

I agree with you Gary all I was asking for from Motorola is 1- tell us it is cancelled 2- let more of us test it which will help Motorola now with that said i bought the M because it was or is suppose to be updated to KitKat and I have wrote to Motorola asking for confirmation or let me test it or give me the files I would need to go get a custom KitKat rom. I see there is a new Moto G coming so my next phone will not be a Motorola and as far as USSC i also agree they offered a plan no one else did but now they are all offering plans that are very similar they better try to keep up or their days are numbered in my opinion

Options

13 Posts

07-26-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2014-09-23, 22:45 PM

Bump to this. Really need this update as I cannot upgrade a phone right now. Please Motorola

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2014-09-25, 18:57 PM

according to my last conversation with a Motorola rep and it depends on who you get that we will still get the upgrade but they can not tell us what day,week ,month or year it all has to do with carrier-manufacture agreements. Now i do not know what the aggreement is with U S Celluar but with the other major carriers all ready having the upgrade i guess it is not important to Motorola and US Celluar. One rep called Ediie told me there was not going ot be one and i might be better off getting a custom rom but he would check and email the next day but as you can guess another lie i never received aq email from him

Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2014-09-29, 0:46 AM

I really doubt our forum mods or USCC customer service are privy to if or when phones are updated. They are probably just looking at the same things we are and left to wonder.

And it looks like the mods Matt and Mark are actively posting mostly on forums supporting the new Moto X 2nd gen, Moto 360, and Moto G 2nd gen. I suspect it's probably more exciting supporting new devices rather than helping past loyal customers.

It seems like Verizon, AT&T, and maybe Sprint get their phones updated fairly timely, but the smaller carriers lag. If getting timely updates is important, going with USCC or other smaller carriers is probably always going to result in frustration. The USCC Moto X folks area also frustrated in not getting their update to 4.4. That's a newer device than the M and it lags whereas other carriers already have their update. Link: Deja vu

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 8 of 8

2014-11-04, 19:10 PM

Nope hasn't been canceled. It's been a long time since that happened 2010. Sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network and opt in your device.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms