Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmozingo
What's DOS?
Views: 93
Message 1 of 5

Electrify: Adding Contact Pictures

Why will the Electrify not import pics from Microsoft Outlook to the phone?  I contacted Motorola and they said a pic could only be imported from a social networking site.  Never had this problem with my HTC.  Even if you take a pic with your phone, you can't attach it to a contact.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Electrify: Adding Contact Pictures

@wmozingo

Does Moto mean that importing contacts with a pic associated with the listing is not an option?

If your Electrify is truly a "twin" to my Photon, you should be able attach pics to contacts manually (which could be a serious pain, I know) by editing the contact listing, pressing the "+," and my menu gives me the option to take a pic or get one from the Gallery.

Can you export from Outlook to Google Contacts?  All of my Google contacts that have pics associated with the contact listing have pics show up on the phone....

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 5

wmozingo

I find that the unique contact pic is imported to my contact list, with the first call made to or from people with an active Gmail account, connection made to a skype account or Google talk, Google voice, etc. that reflects in my contact list.

• So yes, to social networking contacts...

Eaccents is correct to alternative methods like on Motorola Photon phone.

One method with the Electrify to add contact pics:

1. open the dialer (green icon)
  2. long press on contact name
  3. edit contact
  4. long press on empty photo icon
  5. Choose: Take photo or Select photo from gallery    
    • you may want to preload pics to your phone, of all needed contacts without a social networking accounts.

Let us know what you finds work best for you, thanks.

Poko

wmozingo wrote:

Why will the Electrify not import pics from Microsoft Outlook to the phone?  I contacted Motorola and they said a pic could only be imported from a social networking site.  Never had this problem with my HTC.  Even if you take a pic with your phone, you can't attach it to a contact.

add-on by: Poko... the edited screen will display "Motorola Services contact from Motorola"

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

@poko

Thank you for the clarifying the step-by-step process

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

You are Welcome...