Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrwolf6969
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 1 of 7

Electrify: Ext SD Card

I have looked in other arias but still do not see how to get programs to use the ext sd card. The biggest on for me is Tape Machine. I need to be able to save my recordings to the ext sd card as some of my recordings go almost 2 hrs in wav so that they are easy to play anyware.

On a different note this phones is great. The signal reception for data and wifi is unreal it beats any phone I have ever owned.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Electrify: Ext SD Card

This is an application problem. Some developers have hard coded their apps to use "sdcard" as the storage instead of letting the user pick. Most developers are addressing this issue - it is not just moto phones, but any phone with both internal and external user storage.

Suggestions:

1. contact developer and let them know the issue

2. move recordings to sdcard-ext after you record

Glad you like the phone, and welcome to the forums.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mrwolf6969
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

The developer was helpful but was not shure on the correct file extention. It sounds like it may be possible to do but I am not sure on the steps if I need to make the file on the ext card first then change the destination in the program?? I might give that a go. Regardless this phone is great I do wounder why us cell didnt decide to leave of put in the radio for lte but not a deal breaker.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

I am not sure what you mean by file extension.

The developer should allow the user to pick the location where an application stores its files.

Currently the choices are /mnt/sdcard (internal storage on phones with 2 locations; SD card on phones with no internal storage); and /mnt/sdcard-ext (the sd card for phones with internal storage; doesn't exist if no internal storage).

So "sdcard" can be one of two places depending on the phone.

If the application has no method of pointing to "sdcard-ext" for storage; then your files will be stored on "sdcard" and you need to manually move them to from sdcard to sdcard-ext to free up space on sdcard.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mrwolf6969
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

When the developer responded back he said to create the /mnt/sdcard-ext I tried that and /mnt/sdcard-ext/media/tapes as that is the file name in the program minus the ext of course I also tried leaving the last part off after the ext but it was a no go. I am wondering now though if the program actually will although this or not. I come up with unable to create folder: tapes please check that you have the required permissions and that the file system is not full.

I might try the developer again to see for sure the program is able to do this.

I wouldn't worry or put the time in I have but my custody case to get my son depends on these tapes and I have forgot to move them and run out of memory before. Might just have to do a better job at remembering.

I really apprechiate all of the help though and as more us cell customers get this phone I think it will be a common question.

skain
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

I was wondering about how the Electrify handles this too.

I have some movies on my SD card but they don't show up in my gallery. I have to manually go to the "Files" app and find it there.

Is there any way to add the SD card contents to the gallery?

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 7

The developer can fix this using the following document.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee