cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejraney
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 1 of 8

Electrify: Microsoft Exchange 2003 compatibility?

I am unable to get the phone to connect with my works exchange server. We use exchange 2003 and when I enter my information I get an error message stating device not compatable. I downloaded touchdown to try for 30 days but it does not pull in all of my emails.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 8

Re: Electrify: Microsoft Exchange 2003 compatibility?

Sounds like you need to contact your IT to add the phone to the approved list. Some work environments have approved devices that can connect. Hopefully asking nicely will get you added.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
ejraney
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Our IT guy is the one that tried adding the phone. He worked on it for a long time and every time he got an error.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8

Exchange 2003 has very specific requirements about service packs and add-ons to enable Mobile sync.

Do any other phones work with your Exchange server? Do you know if the server is configured properly? Depending on if you have a different web server (on a different physical server) - you may have to change permissions on virtual directories.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Managing-Mobile-Access-Exchange-Server-2003.html

Offers some help; but also a google search on Exchange Active Sync 2003 will give you some links to troubleshooting.

If neither the phone nor Touchdown can connect, then there is a setting on the server side that is incorrect.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ejraney
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

The only other phone we had synced was our ould Touch Pro 2's. Yes the server is configured properly.

The Touchdown app is working fine with the server, my calender, and email are working great so far. I might just go ahead with the full version after the 30 days.

Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 8

ejraney-

You might consider having your IT contact our Enterprise support if this is the first Android based phone to connect to your company's exchange server. Microsoft based devices may connect differently could avoid some future cost and headaches.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
ejraney
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

Cool Thanks Mark!

Do you have an email address I can direct him to, and I will get him on that.

Thanks to Mark and AlphaDog for chiming in to help!

Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 8

@ejraney-

He'd sign up there and the team would likely email or even phone him back. They don't have a direct email account.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee