Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucker1
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 1 of 5

Electrify: corp sync setup problems

I got a new Electrify its a great phone I use to have a Droid a855. I have been trying to get my phone setup to log on to my work email account this account is a 2007 exchange sever I keep getting a Error: can not connect to sever. Our IT guy and I have set it up the same way as my old Droid a855 but it will not connect I put the same info in my old Droid it will (any thought here) I did notice that the old Droid has a check box that says accept all SSL certificates my Electrify does not have this. I found the info below here on this site but it will not work either the touchdown part will connect but is hard to use and can not get to old mail and lots of other options are missing from what I could do on my old Droid.

Answer

MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY - Error - Could not connect to server. My exchange server is using self-signed certificate

Why do I receive the following error when trying to setup a corporate sync account?

Could not connect to server. My exchange server is using self-signed certificate.

ELECTRIFY will not work with an Activesync Server with self-signed SSL certificate unless you use the following steps and workaround suggested below. If not followed, the handset will drop the SSL connection if it cannot validate the certificate and produce a "Cannot connect to server error".

• You can purchase an SSL certificate from a commercial Certificate Authority (CA) and install it on your Exchange server to resolve this issue.
  • One workaround is to use a gmail account in the Corp Sync app to create an account, then edit that account and change the gmail credentials to the proper Exchange Account credentials. Follow the steps below:

Set-up a corp-sync or Exchange Activesync account

• Use your google account to create a corporate sync account . The prompt for server name should be “m.google.com” and the prompt for user name is your gmail address (the entire email address, not simply the first half/user part). So, as an example:
    Server: m.google.com
    Username: username@gmail.com
  • After the account is created, go into settings -> accounts and select the EAS account created
  • In the first screen, un-check the option "Verify Certificate"
  • Change the credentials to the account needed
  • Another workaround is to use a 3rd party application from the Android Market, like Touchdown or Improved Email. Motorola does not ensure or endorse these solutions

I sure hope someone can help me get this new Droid do what my old obselete one could I dont wnat to go backwards in capablitities I should not need a 3rd party app to do something on my new phone that my old phone did al by its self

Thanks for you help

ps: tried my carrier for help that well lame called motorola for help I am waiting for 3rd teir help now said they will call back in 24 hrs

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5

Re: Electrify: corp sync setup problems

Thanks. We're looking into this.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
jeremy972
Punch Card
Message 3 of 5

You should be able to save the self signed cert on a sd card and put it in the phone, go to settings/location and security/manage certs and then hit the settings button and be able to import from SD card.  This should work, I had to do it with my windows smartphones.  The company must have bought a cert before I got the electrify because I didn't have to do this

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

@chucker

Does entering the File Manager app for Add Server help resolve part of your Server Connection issue?

• > goto "All apps" > "Files" app > "Shared folders" > "Add Server" > "enter name or IP" or "Scan for server".

Another place to look:

• > "Settings" > "Location & security settings" > scroll down to "Certificates" > "Manage Trusted Certificates" > shows "Pre-loaded Certificates" and/or "User-added Certificates" you have added any.

Hopefully one of the above menus will help, let us know what does, thanks.

Poko

chucker1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I have had no luck with our IT guys making any changes to help me with a fix for this so what I done is setup Moxier email

for me it seems to work the best it was easier than Touchdown or Improved Email for me to setup I did not realy want to pay for it but I was tryed of missing with it I have not tryed any of the other things suggested yet because Moxier has been working so well for me I may go back at some point and try again after the frustatsion where's off Thanks to all that offered help hopfully your info will help out others with the same problem.