Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tins
What's DOS?
Views: 209
Message 1 of 3

Electrify glitching issues

I have had my Electrify since January. Up until the past few weeks, I have adored the phone! It has been smooth and fast, performing my every command seamlessly. Just recently, The "1" button stopped working all the time so sometimes when I am dialing, the 1 just doesn't register and the phone screen will go blank...I can either tap it hard or press the top button and it turns back on but the 1 doesn't always work. Other glitching issues include it randomly restarting (but I expect this), the camera not functioning (it will tell me there's some error and I have to shut it down), Facebook or other apps taking up a huge chunk of the CPU, etc. Has anyone else dealt with this and what else can I do? I really love this phone...although it is my first smartphone, it has behaved better for me than most people claim theres behaves. And I have a ton of apps and other stuff on here so I'd rather not switch phones. Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Electrify glitching issues

When a formerly stable device starts to act up, usually one of two things have happened.

• user has installed a new app that is problematic

• an update to an app was installed--either automatically or manually--that is problematic

If you run your device in Safe Mode, do you see these same problems?

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the Dual core screen count to 3 then press both volume buttons.

• Then keep holding until you see safe mode on lock screen after Now screen.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 3

Re: Electrify glitching issues

Also, do you power down for about 5 minutes regularly?

I recommend that users do this on a daily basis.  It will

1. clear your cache, making your device run more efficiently (it is good to do this for our computers as well, and since our smartphones are really small computers....)

2. refresh you connection to the USC network

3. stop any runaway processes that are hogging device resources unnecessarily

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."