Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drstratton
What's DOS?
Views: 3,370
Message 1 of 6

How to set music as ringtone?

Can I set the music I have loaded directly onto my Motorola Electrify as a ringtone, if so how can this be done?

Thanks!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to set music as ringtone?

@drstratton

If you store your music on your SD card (or on the internal memory) in MP3 format, you should be able to easily set music as your ringtone.

Hit menu>>>settings>>>sound>>>phone ringtone, and follow the prompts to find the music file that you desire.

Hope this helps! Smile

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
lorenamelang
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Sometimes it "just works" that way. Sometimes I load a music file to SD and it doesn't show up in the list of ringtones - for awhile. After the last time I had to wait a day for the new file to show in the list, I downloaded "Rescan Media", which is supposed to look for new music files and list them in the proper databases. Not enough experience with it to guarantee it works, but _something_ finally made the file show up...  Some music players have a menu function to set the current song as ringtone, but I've seen those not be able to find newly loaded files, too. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I moved all my ringtones to the media folder that is on the internal (on-device) memory.  All ringtones show up just fine.

I think @lorenemalang is correct in that having the files on the SD card sometimes do not get "scanned" so won't show up in the pick list.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
javierdl
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Mmm, is not working for me Smiley Sad

Can they be MP3s ?

JDL

javierdl
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

Never mind!

Apparently the solution was to create the "ringtones" missing folder in the storage/sdcard0/media/audio folder

JDL