11-10-2011 07:37 AM
Some of you are typing MPT and others are typing MTP...I haven't experienced this so I am just researching on the net, so if someone could clarify for me that would be great.
I found this thread in the Motorola Droid X forum: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/205155#205155
11-11-2011 05:44 AM
Let's help clarify abbreviations on this thread.
If you try the linked site, let us know if it fixes this Windows error, thanks.
edited by: Poko... scroll to bottom of linked page for example of Device Drivers screen for Windows XP systems.
11-11-2011 06:09 AM
Do you have a micrSD card installed?
Corrupted format or corrupt files on the memory card can follow a replaced phone with the same issue.
11-11-2011 08:24 AM
I've had the same problem and the few fixes I have found on the internet did not help. I just uninstalled my unknown USB drivers (and anything esle unknown), uninstalled Motorola Media Link, then downloaded thier newest version from http://ftp22.nero.com/NGP/MML_Installer-v1.5.4090.2.exe. Installed it and, Voila! It worked! It immediately found my device (Atrix) and allowed me to setup media sync and perform backup. I hope this will work for some of you, because nothing else I tried did.
11-11-2011 01:34 PM
I've had the same problem and the few fixes I have found on the internet did not help.
Thanks for the tip!
If this works for any of the Electrify users, please post and update for the rest of us who are following this thread.
11-11-2011 06:01 PM
Is this "MTP" part of Motorola Media Link? When I plugged my Electrify into my Win7 PC with a USB cable, a whole bunch of things automatically installed. I remember one screen where there were (I think) five things, and one of them repeatedly failed to install. I didn't bother saving the names... It finally gave up, and the Media Link program seemed to work (such as it does...)
In real life I never use a USB cable so I didn't bother checking any farther, but this thread reminded me of that install failure.
11-11-2011 07:56 PM
Bad news is I still get the funky MTB USB Device failed message so the cool Motorola software and GUI is yet to be seen.
I must say that US Cellular tech support has worked with me in a very patient and professional manner. They were able to get the Motorola Media Link to work on an XP machine with an Electrify. I tried with an HP machine running Vista and that failed in the same manner.
It is very unfortunate that the Google/Motorola machine is releasing bad beta phones as the latest and greatest and most expensive and there are nothing but glicthes out of the box and underperforms on promises...
Still all the phone works and it has good reception and with that surfing the internet is cool...
I hope someone comes up with the patch for this error soon.