Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,797
Message 21 of 27

Re: MTP USB device failed to install

@dataylor

Can you now connect to your Electrify directly to your PC via USB cable?

• (do not connect to a USB Hub)

Poko

dataylor
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 27

Yes

dataylor
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 27

Still Failed

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 24 of 27

@dataylor

I'm confused.  You answered "yes" [post #21] to Poko's question of "Can you now connect..." [post #20]

Now you indicate still failed.  Does this mean you could connect briefly and now you are unable to connect again?

dataylor wrote:

Still Failed

By failed, can you tell us which steps you took that you feel failed?  Are they the ones listed in post #18???

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
dataylor
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 27

Everything works except SYNC my outlook contacts.

I can sync pictures, video, and music. Every know and then I get an alarm that MML stops responding and then shuts down.

I still get the MTP failure.

MOTOROLA MEDIA LINK will not let me sync OUTLOOK contacts. I also have no problem accessing my microSD card with out MML.

Hope this helps.

I have tried all the possible remedies in the posts.

Dean_Grossnickl
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 27

I know this question had a "best answer" but none of them worked for me.  I had the same problem.  Bought my Electrify and my windows Vista computer wouldn't recognize my phone.  Went to the motorola web site and downloaded the latest driver software and it still did not work.  Went to the settings menu on my phone and went to "About Phone" noticed I needed a system update.  I updated the phone and then went about my business.  I was just going to plug it into my computer to charge it and it all of a sudden loaded the driver and the computer finallly recognized my phone.  I don't know if it was the update or not but it is worth a try.

careh1
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 27

I was also getting MTP USB device has a driver problem.  I tried all of the above suggestions with no luck.  Then I came across a post that pointed me to here:  http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Droid_Pro_%28some_Motorola_phones%29_do_not_mount_after_Andr...

The page talks of a simple fix for a Droid Pro - ad it also worked on my Motorola Android Cliq2 Cliq-2 MB611 on both a Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit computer.