Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alta_wv_two
What's DOS?
Views: 164
Message 1 of 6

Next question: Can the slide lock be removed completely?

I don't have security set for the lock and it is a nuisance.  It serves no purpose whatsoever.  I have gone through everything on the phone trying to find a defeat for it but can't find one.  Can it be removed?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Next question: Can the slide lock be removed completely?

Searching the Android Market, I found a few free apps that seem to do this:

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
alta_wv_two
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

That was easy! I didn't even see that you listed a second app until I downloaded and executed the first. Took less than 30 seconds and, YAY!, the lock is gone. Much appreciated, eaccents. (But why wouldn't that be a normal feature on the phone?)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

@alta

I think because there is so much screen space on the phones, adding the 2nd step of swiping to unlock prevents users from accidentally turning their phones on (I sometimes do it when I stick the phone in my back pocket--power button down--and scoot my butt all the way back in a chair) and then somehow doing a bunch more when pressure is applied to various parts of the screen.

[shrug] Lockscreen works for some, not for others

Hope you can enjoy your Electrify more fully now!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
chucker1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

I want to thank you for posting the info on this app I did not like the slide lock and wanted to get rid of it I used the NO Lock by BOD and it worked great for me

Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6

@chucker

Glad it worked for you!

Thanks.

--eaccents