Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grassroots1
What's DOS?
Views: 264
Message 11 of 14

Re: Photo gallery album crash - Electrify

My Gallery app of Moto G is not opening since last two days and gives a error message - Unfortunately Gallery has stopped, the only option I get is to click on OK and the app just quits. I then tried opening the Photos app, this app also closes with a message - Unfortunately the process android process media has stopped. I am unable to use both the apps.

I tried tried deleting and reloading the updates, the app opened but when I access the album menu it shuts down with the same error message.
seeking help to rectify this.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 14

Try clearing data from the Gallery app. Go into system settings/apps, find
Gallery, and clear cache and clear data.
Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
jteeters
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 14

Ok,  I've recently had the same problem.  I have a Motorla Electrify.  It happens every time I try to access my gallery to view/send pictures.  Sometimes the gallery will come up, but when i try and swipe up or down to look at all the pictures, it says Gallery stopped unexpectedly.  I've cleared the cache, I've cleared the data, nothing works.  Additionally, it started doing it after I used my USB cable to listen to my music files in my truck stereo.  Could this have done something?   

grassroots1
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 14

I had the same problem and  cleared up the Cache from Media storage and Gallery  in the App folder and it worked- 

I am re-posting  again- 

Go to SETTINGS> SELECT APPLICATIONS > SELECT ALL

Scroll down the App menu and select >MEDIA STORAGE >

select CLEAR DATA on MEDIA STORAGE 

Scroll down and Locate GALLERY > click CLEAR DATA

Reboot the phone

Open GALLERY after the phone reboots, the folder will be empty on opening but soon  it will rescan and load all the media files again.

This should help the Gallery to work without crashing

hope this helps.