cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 327
Message 11 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Chris77

A rooted phone explains most of the issue here.
Sorry, discussion's of issues with rooted phones is not encouraged on this forum. We can help with any stock phone though.

Poko

Not applicable
Message 12 of 112

Yeah, guess I understand not talking about rooted phones here, although this started happening WAAY before I rooted it.
cdbillups
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 112

Has this been resolved. I've had this phone for 3 days and I noticed this last night. I have custom text notification sounds for each of my kids. One text came in and notified and then 5 minutes later the next text did not. I went in to my sound chooser to see if there was a problem and none of my custom sounds were working. Rebooted the phone and they all started working again.  I have all my custom sounds in folder's on the internal storage and they are in mp3 format.  Is there a specific bit rate to stick to or anything like that?  I guess I could install tasker or something like that to reboot my phone every night but I don't think I should have to.  It's almost like the phone unmounts the internal storage for some reason and needs a reboot to recover.

Not applicable
Message 14 of 112

No, this has not been resolved, but I'll tell you this: between this issue, several other issues, and the fact that Motorola refuses to unlock the bootloader (I bet Poko LOVES reading that), this will be the last Motorola device I get. And by the way, I reiterate, being rooted is *NOT* what caused this issue.

Not applicable
Message 15 of 112

CDBILLUPS, I also point you to this thread as another reason I wont be using another Motorola device:

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/e24b3bfc6d

cdbillups
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 112

I knew it had a locked boot loader when I got it. I came over from a Google Nexus 4G on Sprint and was running a custom ROM by Peter Alphonso (who I highly recommend.) The reason I went with this phone is because my wife had the Photon and loved it.  All in all I'm very happy with the phone and the only reason I unlocked my bootloader before was for the ability to force roam because Sprint service in our area was horrible.  I understand that they'll be a little slower to upgrade software and it's something I can live with. I just wondered if anyone knew why this happened or if there was a fix for it.  Again, it's not a big deal to set an app to auto reboot my phone every night if need be.

Not applicable
Message 17 of 112

Yeah, I just meant that among other reasons, the quality of this phone is less than I expected. I use Tasker to reboot my phone nightly but that doesn't even cure it 100% of the time.
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 18 of 112

Does an App acually power cycle the phone or more like a soft reboot. A true manual power Off/On is still the best way to clear out apps in the backround that didn't shut down correctly after using them... especialy some of the free Apps.

Poko

Not applicable
Message 19 of 112

So you're telling me that a soft reboot won't clear the memory? Hmmm...??
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 112

@Chris77
Do you have apps "frozen"?
What was your reason for rooting your phone. I find out hard to believe that you rooted to leave everything stock. I'm wondering if there is something that is effecting other things.
For example, a friend of mine rooted and removed gtalk, after that he could not access the android market until I reinstalled g talk. So maybe you changed/removed/froze an app that could have a effect on your notification/ringtones?
Thanks,
J