cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrpackerguy
What's DOS?
Views: 373
Message 31 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Poko said:

@mrpackerguy

Under Settings > Sound > Volumn: do you have "use incoming call volumn for notifacations" checked? Wondering if that is the effect of your text vibrate if/when your ring volumn is adjusted down to vibrate?

Poko

Yes, it's checked.  But I haven't messed with that setting since purchase of the Electrify.  I wonder what the effect of unchecking it is?  I honestly don't believe I adjusted any volume between receipt of texts when I've noticed the thing vibrating and not sounding

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 32 of 112

Additionally, do you also have a separate Google Voice number added to your phone that some of the text messags may come to?
mrpackerguy
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 112

Poko said:

Additionally, do you also have a separate Google Voice number added to your phone that some of the text messags may come to?

No I do not

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 34 of 112

Thanks... that rules out a second number source variation.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 35 of 112

@mrpackerguy

Being a US Cellular, have you called their tech support with this issue. They can check their end for text settings on your account, maybe something can be tweeked.

Poko

Not applicable
Message 36 of 112

I think if that was the case, everyone would have this issue, as I know that I have not changed any settings through US Cellular.

cdbillups
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 112

Another question to see if it makes a difference, do you have your custom notifications stored on the internal memory or on the sd card?  I don't have my sd card yet so all of mine are on the internal memory.  I wonder if after my memory card comes in if moving them all to the card will make a difference.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 38 of 112

Chris77 said:

I think if that was the case, everyone would have this issue, as I know that I have not changed any settings through US Cellular.

The point of questions and answers on a forum come down to divide and conquer to rule out many possible variables to find a resolution. Sarcasm just muddies the waters of finding an answer. Sometimes the simplest solution can be to contact your provider/carrier to check at thier end and purhapes make custom settings from there... ex. US Cellular in some cases can adjust how long your phone rings before going to a message... 

Not sure if a text send/recieve sync time can be adjusted or if it even effects the notifacation on a phone, but?

Maybe it is a common App you both have loaded causing random conflicts. If so App Dragon can list all apps on your phones, then post your list to compare what is in common they may contribute to the notifacation issue?

...divide and conquer... 

Cool

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 39 of 112

cdbillups said:

Another question to see if it makes a difference, do you have your custom notifications stored on the internal memory or on the sd card?  I don't have my sd card yet so all of mine are on the internal memory.  I wonder if after my memory card comes in if moving them all to the card will make a difference.

@cdbillings 

You bring up a good point here. Just checked my phone, all my custom notifications and ring-tones are on my internal memory under Media > Ringtones, or Notifacations directories.

Poko

I migrated the Media folder from an old Flip Phone... a folder called Media is not necessary though.

Highlighted
cdbillups
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 112

I also have mine in folders called Ringtones and Notifications but mine are on the root of the internal storage.  That's the way the folders were on my Nexus S 4G with 4.0.4.  Would it be different with FroYo than it was with ICS?