cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LChinMoto
Not applicable
Views: 511
Message 61 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Joint the fight against Motorola's unfair treatment of their customers. Cancels promised update to ATRIX4G, PHOTON4G, and ELECTRIFY customers withing two days of promised release date. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motofail/487173897968298

TheDad
Not applicable
Message 62 of 112

Add me to the list. US Cellular just sent the phone in to have it repaired.  It worked for two days, now back to no ring.  This time there are no apps installed (other than what comes on the phone), and the phone has not been rooted. It's a clean install.

ARGH!

gash73
Not applicable
Message 63 of 112

My phone acts the same way. It seems after a few days of no reboot, that it does this. Also my camera app will frequently Force Close upon opening.

Not applicable
Message 64 of 112

Ok, I think we've heard from enough people to determine that its a problem, a REAL problem, and not because of root or any funky apps that may be installed. So (profanity removed), Motorola, do something about it. Do something FOR your customers, instead of TO them for once. Between making promises to them that aren't kept, and ignoring issues with hardware/SYSTEM software, etc, its time to step up.

edited by joelbon. Please Read the House Rules to learn how to post appropriately. [1]

ReMarkable1
Not applicable
Message 65 of 112

I sure wish they would do sonething to help us with this issue. I've had this problem since I took it out of the box brand new last December. Refering to the other thread regarding upgrades to the Electrify @ Phonton 4g I woud say were S.O.L. all around
After thought about $100being rebate Moto is offering since I am on U S Cellular cudtomer, just to buy the E2, no thanks bought my last moto device. Soon as I can afford it going after the S3.
Highlighted
eaccents
Not applicable
Message 66 of 112

gash73 said:

My phone acts the same way. It seems after a few days of no reboot, that it does this. Also my camera app will frequently Force Close upon opening.

View original

Does your device do this in Safe Mode as well?  Running your device in Safe Mode means that 3rd party apps will not load--thereby ruling out 3rd party apps as culprits for your issue....

• Power down.  Wait a minute.

• Power the phone up.

• When you see the Dual core screen count to 3 then press both volume buttons.

• Then keep holding until you see safe mode on lock screen after Now screen.

• Note:  You can get out of Safe Mode by just powering down, then power up normally.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
ReMarkable1
Not applicable
Message 67 of 112

Alright..it will probably make a liar out of me soon as I click send, but here goes.  Over the last couple weeks my E1 has had NO sound issues where it wont play ringers,mp3's or notificiation sounds unless you reboot the phone.

All I've done was install a laucher.  First been using ADW then last night moved up to ADW.EX (btw makes the screens lightning fast).  Ususally I noticed when I had sound issues is when I've used it quite a bit where messing around in a app, web browsing, facebook etc like if I've constantly were doing something over several minutes.

Lord knows I really had hands on since I've put on a laucher, adding themes, icons and just customizing the crap out of it, so much that I practically drained the battery from like 80% down to 15% where it tells me to charge it, thats how much I had it lit up and handling it...sounds keep right on working.

Like I said I dont know why or even if its from the laucher, but why not give it a try.  I will report to this thread it the sound issue goe south again, if I dont then you know I am still having sucess.

Not applicable
Message 68 of 112

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that about prove that its motorola's launcher/software?
ReMarkable1
Not applicable
Message 69 of 112

Chris77 said:

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that about prove that its motorola's launcher/software?View original

It does appear to be that, like I said I am not 100% sure but it was something I've noticed since I started using another launcher.  BTW I have also installed homeswitcher and with that I was able to make the ADW the default laucher instead of the Motoblur. I am keeping my fingers crossed....

Not applicable
Message 70 of 112

You know, I'm really getting pissed the hell off. Now, not only does the sounds not work half the time, but most of the time the camera won't work. "camera cannot be initialized." How does motorola get away with selling this crap? Its not because of root, many people who aren't rooted experience the same things, so I don't want to hear it.