cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 476
Message 1 of 112

Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

I've had my Motorola Electrify since the middle of November last year and didn't really notice it too much for atleast a couple months, but recently if I dont reboot my phone for more than 2 days, and sometimes sooner than that, it will stop playing any notification sounds and just now it didn't even play any ring sound at all when I just received a call. It vibrated, but didn't play any sound. This is getting frustrating. I have even factory reset my phone a few weeks ago because of other things, and it still hasn't fixed this issue. In fact it seems to be getting worse. At first it was SOME notification sounds after 4 or 5 days not rebooting, now its all notification AND  ring sounds after just a couple days. I have the app "Tasker" installed and have sounds associated with some profiles, but don't really think thats the problem because its not just sounds associated with the app, its system events too, like receiving a call, etc.

Anyone else having these issues? I'm beginning to think this may be my last Motorola because of things like this and other things...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Chris77

The Tasker app, is that a third party app or the one that came install on your phone. Most third party Task Managers create their own issues on most phones.

Check out this link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/70804/p/30,6720,8096 

Poko

Not applicable
Message 3 of 112

No, its not a task manager, its an automation program. You "program" the phone to do almost anything you want based on one of many triggers. Its by Crafty Apps.

Just checked out the link now... I dont think you understand. Its not something im choosing. Im not choosing to silence my phone, or put it in vibrate mode. Its set to ring/ audibly notify me, thats what I want it to do. BUT ITS NOT DOING IT. Its a malfunction. Its not playing audio when it should be.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 112

Chris77

You may need to contact the app developer "Crafty Apps" about the above issues. There is a lot of info on there web site that may help.

Sorry, I am not familiar with how that app works. Does it root the phone?

Poko

Not applicable
Message 5 of 112

No it doesnt root the phone, just allows you to set up profiles to do things based on "triggers" such as time/date, location, etc. But like I said, I dont think that is the cause because its happening to non-tasker events. I just wondered if anyone else is having problems with their audio.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 112

Chris77

Cool looking app, I might need to invest in this one. 

May have to consider first the very long list of "permissions" needed.

Poko

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 112

@Chris77

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier, allergies are kicking me right now. I have Tasker installed and use it daily on my Photon. One way to rule out Tasker is to just simply shut it off, if you open tasker, the lower right corner is the on/off button.

I would start there and then we'll take a look at other things.

@Poko

Once again sorry I didn't chime in earlier, but I have been using tasker for awhile now, it is a great app to automate things, but it does have a very steep learning curve.

The long list of permission is due to the fact that you can have it pretty much control everything on your phone if you really wanted to. To give you an idea, here are a few tasks I have set up on my:

Auto enable GPS when certain apps open, such as maps, navi, G+, latitude.

Auto turn on and connect to my Wifi at home.

Auto vibrate while I'm at work.

When placed in car dock, BT, GPS, and auto SMS reply turn on, wifi turns off.

Thanks,

J

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 112

We might also try Safe Mode to see if any 3rd party app is causing this.

There is an app called Aspotcat that will list your apps by permission.  It is sometimes useful to use this app to narrow down the list of suspects...

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Not applicable
Message 9 of 112

Ok, just another step in trying to solve this, what folder and what format should I use for putting notification sounds on my phone?

Not applicable
Message 10 of 112

Also forgot to mention, but my phone is rooted, and I just downloaded root explorer. Can I put ringtones and notification tones in the /system/audio folder? Would it work better?