cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 73
Message 101 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Thanks for the info on Aspotcat. I'll let ya know...

Not applicable
Message 102 of 112

Well, been running in Safe Mode for almost 12 hours now, (hope that is safe to do...) But not one problem yet with camera or playing a music file. So, I'm reasonably sure its an app causing problems. Now, to find which one...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 103 of 112

Chris77 said:

Well, been running in Safe Mode for almost 12 hours now, (hope that is safe to do...) But not one problem yet with camera or playing a music file. So, I'm reasonably sure its an app causing problems. Now, to find which one...

View original

Methodically either add or delete apps.  You can do so in small groups (and track it) but you should give each addition/deletion about a day to see what happens.

Please let us know what you find out.

Good luck!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Not applicable
Message 104 of 112

Hello, Thanks for replying.

I installed Better Battery Stats and immediately saw that the eBay app was going crazy keeping the phone awake frequently. That was confirmed by others on other forums. Then I went into the phone settings under Running Services and saw that Your Navigator Deluxe was doing the same.  I uninstalled (and as far as I'm concerned "blacklisted" the eBay app) and froze Your Navigator Deluxe with Titanium Backup. Those 2 apps gone have not only enabled the camera to still work, but also seemed to have improved my battery consumption. I'm thinking maybe they took up too many CPU cycles or interfered with processing...??? But it has seemed to work so far. I will post back if it goes south again.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 105 of 112

Chris77 said:

Hello, Thanks for replying.

I installed Better Battery Stats and immediately saw that the eBay app was going crazy keeping the phone awake frequently. That was confirmed by others on other forums. Then I went into the phone settings under Running Services and saw that Your Navigator Deluxe was doing the same.  I uninstalled (and as far as I'm concerned "blacklisted" the eBay app) and froze Your Navigator Deluxe with Titanium Backup. Those 2 apps gone have not only enabled the camera to still work, but also seemed to have improved my battery consumption. I'm thinking maybe they took up too many CPU cycles or interfered with processing...??? But it has seemed to work so far. I will post back if it goes south again.

View original

Cool.  

If I recall correctly, I too have mentally blacklisted the eBay app for my devices...can't remember exactly what happened, but it wasn't good for my device.

Whatever you "freeze," just be sure to keep track of these things.  Remember updates have a check process that looks for stock apps/processes to ensure that the software will work properly on your device.  If you have changed something you would need to change it back for future updates...

Hope your troubles are now behind you Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Not applicable
Message 106 of 112

Thank you, I will have to remember that about future updates. We'll see what happens.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 107 of 112

@Chris77

Excellent trouble shooting, thanks on your persistence with this.

I use App Dragon to keep a record of all my installed Apps and their version, which I email back to myself. Handy for Divide and Conquer troubleshooting.

Poko

Not applicable
Message 108 of 112

Just wanted to let everyone know that that WAS NOT the problem. It lasted about a day. I'm at my wits end, I hate this phone, I hate motorola, and this will be my last moto phone. This is ridiculous. Camera doesn't work, won't play mp3s, notifications don't work half the time...ridiculous.very pissed off. Especially for a $600 phone.
Not applicable
Message 109 of 112

Ok, I just read that other people who had the camera and music playing issues went into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All, find Gallery and clear all data. Tried that, and without doing anything else, the camera and music worked. I dont know why it worked, or what caused it to not work in the first place, but I'll keep you posted. [removed]

-- Edited for inappropriate language – please keep this conversation civil and family-friendly and follow our site rules.[1]

Not applicable
Message 110 of 112

Ok, I just read that other people who had the camera and music playing issues went into Settings>Applications>Manage Apps>All, find Gallery and clear all data. Tried that, and without doing anything else, the camera and music worked. I dont know why it worked, or what caused it to not work in the first place, but I'll keep you posted. [removed]

Edit: [removed] This website doesn't even work, how the hell can i expect your phones to work. Had to post this twice because it didn't stick the first time. Another whole [removed], and then I am DONE with motorola.

-- Edited for inappropriate language – please keep this conversation civil and family-friendly and follow our site rules. [1]