cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 364
Message 41 of 112

Re: Quits playing notification/ring sounds, WHY?

Poko, I was not being sarcastic. I really don't see how that would help the situation. Its not a timing issue or it would happen on all calls/texts, etc. It does seem to me that you are grasping at straws so that you dont have to admit it may be a hardware malfunction.

Not applicable
Message 42 of 112

BTW, my ringtones/notification sounds are in /media/ringtones , /media/notifications BUT on external sd card

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 43 of 112

Chris77 said:

Poko, I was not being sarcastic. I really don't see how that would help the situation. Its not a timing issue or it would happen on all calls/texts, etc. It does seem to me that you are grasping at straws so that you dont have to admit it may be a hardware malfunction.

When I am on the USC tower fringes, especially in the edge where roaming starts, (an area my folks live in), a sort of timing issues happen in this region. (ex. someone calls, my phone does not ring, then a message notification shows up three hours later). Same issue over the last ten years with many past brands of phones I've owned. 

• Contacting USC can help rule out many types of issues.

• USC added additional Ring Time before going to a message which has help, but not for every call in this situation. this was a tweek on my account.

If you feel there is a hardware malfunction with your phone, the best thing to do is have it checked out by Motorola Warranty Repair.

Poko

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 44 of 112

Chris77 said:

BTW, my ringtones/notification sounds are in /media/ringtones , /media/notifications BUT on external sd card

Should not matter if the notifacations are on the SD memory. See HERE.

soxred48
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 112

i have same issue and dont have tasker installed

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 46 of 112

I may have missed it, but has the OP tried Safe Mode yet?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
woodslink
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 112

I noticed this problem a while back on my Galaxy Nexus with ICS.  I put Jelly Bean on and the same problem occurs.

I created my own app to alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is put in.

The app is on the Google Play market if you want to try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix 

ReMarkable1
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 112

I have this very same issue.  I wish I could tell you how to fix it and all I can do is the same..power down the phone wait a couple minutes power it back up.

My electrify is not rooted.  Just out of the blue text or call come in..no sound.  If you have any music on your phone mp3's ect if you try to play one you get the message "sorry this player does not support this type of audio file".

I have my mp3's on a external SD Card but that does not matter.  My notification sounds are on the internal memory in a folder called "Notificiations"  Where they are on the phone does not have any effect on this issue.  I've posted this problem myself no one has come up with an answer other then it is some hardware issue with the phone..same as it wont play videos from the m.youtube mobile site in any browser stock or otherwise.  Only plays in the android app but that is another thread.

I've even tried to clear all data and cache from the stock music player thinking that all sounds in the phone somehow go thru the player ringers notifications ect.  No dice did not work.

Mine has done it three times yesterday and once so far today.  I am running no customer lauchers, taskers or video players.  I dont even run a live wallpaper.  Only custom app I really use is handscent, which is only because I like a popup on sms messages, stock app does not.

For facebook and twitter use friendcaster pro and tweetcaster which is more memory friendlier.  I've at my wits end with this issue wish somebody figure this out.

gvitale
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 112

I have the same problem with my Electrify. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 50 of 112

Woodslink said:

I noticed this problem a while back on my Galaxy Nexus with ICS.  I put Jelly Bean on and the same problem occurs.

I created my own app to alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is put in.

The app is on the Google Play market if you want to try it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

View original

Does this help, @gvitale?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."