Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sealion2288
What's DOS?
Views: 150
Message 1 of 9

Reboot

I have had my Electrify for I week and began experiencing a problem another US Cellular customer described in a review of the phone. When using the speaker phone, the audio is very distorted. When I try to to turn off the speaker, the call drops. When I try to redial, the phone reboots. I have used the speakerphone feature quite a bit since I have had the phone without issue until today. I see that other users have described a random reboot, but I know when mine happens. Any other users have this problem?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Re: Reboot

sealion2288

Welcome to the Motorola Owners' Forum.

1. Are you calling/receiving calls with US Cellular... how many signal bars showing?

• Or are you using Google Voice with your WiFi connection to call and receive calls when this issue happens?

I have had my Electrify for I week and began experiencing a problem another US Cellular customer described in a review of the phone. When using the speaker phone, the audio is very distorted. When I try to to turn off the speaker, the call drops.

2. Speaker phone distortion... have you tried to change the volume level of the speaker during a call?

• Does the person you are talking to, also hear distortion on their end of the call, while you are on speaker phone.
  • (distortion could be from a weak signal... low signal strength bars)

When I try to redial, the phone reboots. I have used the speakerphone feature quite a bit since I have had the phone without issue until today. I see that other users have described a random reboot, but I know when mine happens. Any other users have this problem?

3. Are you using the Stock Dialer/address book?

• Or have a downloaded additional Apps for enhanced dialing options?

Poko

sealion2288
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

I am getting a full strength signal (4 bars) and all calls are through US Cellular service.

The person on the other end is getting greater distortion and a strong echo from their own voice.

I am also using stock dialer/address book.

I have made no changes to the phone since I last used the speaker function (Friday). It has worked flawlessy until today. When I place the call normally (without speakerphone), the phone functions perfectly.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

sealion2288

Thanks for the quick responce.

Poko

sealion2288
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I decided to reset to factory settings before returning to the store this morning. Everything is working correctly now. Fortunately, I didn't have a lot of personalization on the phone yet. I hope this isn't a trend.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 9

@sealion

Master reset or factory data reset (FDR) is very effective at clearing up bizarre software glitches.

Glad you got it working again

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
martyg
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

I've got a similar issue, but my reboots are a bit more random.  I've had it reboot so far after the following conditions:

1) After exiting from a bluetooth enable call (BlueAnt S4).

2) After hanging up from a normal call.

3) Hitting the power button to come out of screensaver mode.

Number 2 and 3 started happening over the past week and it's been getting worse.

sealion2288
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

No issues since Master Reset. Fortunately, I haven't loaded very many apps in case I have to rest again.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 9

@sealion

Run your phone "stock"(no added apps) for a few days to verify that the software and hardware are fine.  Then add one app per day, just in case one of the apps that you like are causing the instability.

Enjoy your Electrify!

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."