Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeL2
What's DOS?
Views: 6,559
Message 1 of 6

Retrieve Photos Sent by Text message

At the scene of a slight auto accident, someone took photos and sent them to me by text message. I downloaded them and can view them on my phone, but I need to retrieve them and print them. How do I do this? Can't seem to find them anywhere except inside the text message function. Thanks, ML

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Retrieve Photos Sent by Text message

Long press on the pic (while in the SMS conversation) and a popup window should show up.  Select "copy attached to SD card" and the pic should be saved onto your SD card as a JPEG.  You can then retrieve the the JPEG file using USB Mass Storage mode, and print.

Hope this helps!  Please let us if you need further instructions.

Hope everyone is well after the auto accident.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Hi MikeL

ecceants is the best option...

Just incase the pictures already auto downloaded.

Open your "Files" app, then Internal Phone Storage, then scroll down to and open the Download folder. Your pictures could be here. If located, just touch the Pic to Complete Action Using menu. Use a third party Printer app from here, if you have one installed.

You can also connect your PC via. USB cable and transter to your PC to Print.

Let us know if you locate your Text attachment, thanks.

Poko

Highlighted
MikeL2
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 6

Thank you eaccents and Poko. The long press, heretofore unknown to me, was indeed the answer. I've successfully saved, retrieved, and synced the pictures to my desktop. They were not in the download folder -- I had already looked there. They must have been somewhere, but I still don't know where. But mission accomplished with your (speedy) help, thanks. ML

PS: Only the car was injured. A rental, which is why I need the pictures.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 6

MikeL said:

Thank you eaccents and Poko. The long press, heretofore unknown to me, was indeed the answer. I've successfully saved, retrieved, and synced the pictures to my desktop. They were not in the download folder -- I had already looked there. They must have been somewhere, but I still don't know where. But mission accomplished with your (speedy) help, thanks. ML

PS: Only the car was injured. A rental, which is why I need the pictures.

Glad this worked for you, and that the only damage in the accident was to an inanimate object Cool

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
ericmarby
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6

You may take a look at this motorola phone photo recovery tutorial

http://goo.gl/yc6LO8

hope this helps.