cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krusej23
What's DOS?
Views: 389
Message 31 of 54

Re: Time to come Clean Motorola (Electrify - Blur ROMS)

I have BOTHERED(I love that you put that in all caps) to read this post and it still does not BOTHER me or anyone else as much as you. Either it's written into something you agreed to or you can take it up with the Better Business Bureau or somebody else. Writing on the companies forum is really not going to help you. This forum is built to help other users.

I wish I had your life cythrawl. I have bigger things to worry about than somebody tracking my data that I don't care about. If this is your biggest issue and you have enough time to write a book on this FORUM about some tracking issue, then your life must be pretty easy. Take it up with people that care about this stuff.

I really think you switching phones would help your health quite a bit. Forget about the money, save all of us the satisfaction of not having to hear you whine on this forum and switch to some other phone. If this small of a thing gets your blood boiling this much, then I would hate to see you after something actually tramatic happens to you or someone close to you. GET OVER IT!

Sincerely,

Happy Motorola CustomerSmile

cythrawl
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 54

I wish I had your life cythrawl. I have bigger things to worry about than somebody tracking my data that I don't care about. If this is your biggest issue and you have enough time to write a book on this FORUM about some tracking issue, then your life must be pretty easy. Take it up with people that care about this stuff.

BRAVO!!.. said like a true sheep who doesn't care what corporations do with OUR information... I don't know if you noticed but your rights are taken away each day and you are quite happy to sit on your pink slime burger filled duff and let this happen.. You are a poster child of EXACTLY whats wrong with this country (Doesnt affect me so I dont care less, mentality).. I couldn't have said it any better...

I also DONT need to change my phone, because AGAIN if you had even BOTHERED to read the thread, you will have seen I am NOT using Motorola's software at all.. (I am actually bouncing between CM7 and Ice Cream Sandwich based CM9), however I am concerned it was on there in the first place and that people every day are buying this phone and NOT KNOWING WHAT THIS SOFTWARE DOES, because they dont NEED to agree to a EULA for it to do its job. Not to mention after the latest software update it locks the Bootloader down so those who dont want to run this software are doomed.

So why don't you give me the satisfaction of getting back to the pasture with all the other naive sheep to eat the grass, and let those who CARE about our basic rights, fight on OK?

Good..!

PS I bet you were also one of those sheep that think the media coverage of Mrs Houstons Death is a wonderful thing, but the non media coverage that we are teetering on the edge of WWIII in Iran (because Russia and china will get involved if it kicks off) doesnt affect you because its NOT happening in your mind...

krusej23
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 54

It's Ok, I'll leave you alone with the tin foil hat that you have on waiting for an answer to a question that is obviously not going to be answered on a FORUM of the company you are fighting.

My rights are not actually taken away from me sir or maam or whatever. I just choose to pick my battles wisely. Choosing to fight a major corporation on their OWN FORUM is not one of the battles I choose to fight.

Have a good day sir or maam and I hope you get this resolved(not on here though).

edgar512
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 54

@krusej23

Thanks for your comments. Seeing that this discussion has only had 2791 views (by the last count) I will have to disagree with you and say that this subject is a concern or at the very least an interest to a number of people. You may be correct in stating that this issue will not be resolved. However, I believe that this discussion helps to raise awareness and seeks to hold companies responsible for their actions. While you may not care who has your personal information or what they do with it, many people do. 

Thanks again for participating in this discussion. I hope you have a great carefree day.

ejraney
What's DOS?
Message 35 of 54

krusej23 said:

I have BOTHERED(I love that you put that in all caps) to read this post and it still does not BOTHER me or anyone else as much as you

@krusej23 Please don't presume to speak for anyone else on this matter. I for one did not ask for, or elect you to speak on my behalf. You do not represent me, nor speak for me in anyway shape or form. 

It does bother me that my data and information is tracked without my knowing it, and without approving it. Speaking for myself and only myself I am happy that cythrawl started this and is keeping it going. 

Thank you, and have a nice day. 

krusej23
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 54

"still does not BOTHER me or anyone else as much as you."

I didn't say that it doesn't bother other people. I said it doesn't bother people as much as him.

@edgar512 My middle name is Edgar. Oops that's personal information, sorry. How many of those 2791 views are returning views or are they just one and done views because of the title of it "Time to come Clean Motorola (Electrify - Blur ROMS)". That's why I first viewed it because I thought there was some big news about Motorola but there wasn't. Pretty disappointing until I saw someone ripping on one of the guys that could possibly help find the answer to the question that was being asked. I usually don't rip on someone that holds or could get the answer to my questions.

I am done with this thread. I don't need to waste anymore time with you guys. I hope you get your answer here but 100% sure it's not going to be. Good luck and have a nice valentines day!

cythrawl
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 54

krusej23 said:

"still does not BOTHER me or anyone else as much as you."

I didn't say that it doesn't bother other people. I said it doesn't bother people as much as him.

@edgar512 My middle name is Edgar. Oops that's personal information, sorry. How many of those 2791 views are returning views or are they just one and done views because of the title of it "Time to come Clean Motorola (Electrify - Blur ROMS)". That's why I first viewed it because I thought there was some big news about Motorola but there wasn't. Pretty disappointing until I saw someone ripping on one of the guys that could possibly help find the answer to the question that was being asked. I usually don't rip on someone that holds or could get the answer to my questions.

I am done with this thread. I don't need to waste anymore time with you guys. I hope you get your answer here but 100% sure it's not going to be. Good luck and have a nice valentines day!

Have a nice day.

^^^^^ This is what I see with every point you posted.

Actually it bothers way more people than just me.. I am AMAZED that you know just how much it bothers me.. Really?? No one else is as bothered as me??? Hahaha!

I have this thread linked from other forums. I was actually on a late night radio show talking about this last week for half an hour. I am also actively working to get people more aware of this. I posted it here first to give Motorola a chance to explain/come clean. I think several weeks is long enough so I am now going to spread this elsewhere.. After all I could have just gone and NOT given them a chance.. But you fail to see that, just as you fail to see how invasion of privacy is NOT an issue..

dalamar
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 54

Still waiting on Moto to come clean.

Still waiting on Moto's promise to provide us unlocked bootloaders.

Still waiting on Moto to supply a clean ROM.

I'm getting the vibe that Motorola wants me to stop using their products and to tell everyone I know to go with Samsung or HTC. I hope more people start to see how bad of a company this is. They're as bad as the phone solicitation company I work for. Get paid to lie, mislead, hide facts, etc.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 39 of 54

cythrawl said:

Ok here is a shot by shot (in order) for the Electrify startup after a master reset.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115574916584052955943/albums/5703848631581700417/5703848631161689...

The only time that EULA will come up is if you try to add another account other than Google using the Add Account option. The Photos were taken in order and as you can see Data Collector Serivce has already gathered data with JUST adding a Google Account.

When I went back into Add Account and clicked on the Facebook Icon is when I finally got the EULA.

The fact is, it is gathering data before the EULA is displayed to the customer.

At best this is still a passive consent. Reading that EULA its still pretty hard to find that Motorola can and WILL collect data about you if you use this service.. The fact is that I dont. I add Facebook App and use that instead. I use K9Mail if I want to use Email. Those services are still collecting data even if I DONT add an account and DONT agree to the terms and conditions..

Fact is I dont have Motoblur on my phone at all as I am using CM7 (these shots were done using another Electrify), but the fact that it is in Motorola's Stock ROM bothers me. It bothers me every day when I see someone with an Electrify walk out of a store. They have NO CLUE about this at all. Hence the point of my main post, and that I think that it needs to be made public and not hidden inside some EULA...

@cythrawl

Just wanted to update you. I have confirmed that with a Electrify that the screenshot posted above didn't appear until I attempted to add a social networking account. I'm not sure why it differs from Photon 4G. We're investigating that. 

I'm still working to see if I can get any clarity to the apk's you asked about.

As a reminder to everyone subscribed to this thread. Please remember to speak about yourself and not criticize the opinions of others. Cythrawl has every right to be unhappy as others have to be happy. Comments like "Get over it" are unnecessary.

Thanks,

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
l1willia
What's DOS?
Message 40 of 54

I'm so glad I found this thread- I would also like to know what those processes are.  I contacted support directly and they wouldn't answer, tried to blame the carrier.  I contacted the carrier who didn't know about it.  

My main issue isn't privacy concerns, it's battery life.  DataCollector and PollScheduler (not listed in the initial post) were keeping my phone awake for hours at a time, which reduced my battery life to 4-5 hours- with no usage.  Just sitting there, powered on, my battery would die.  I tried to stop the processes but they'd turn themselves back on.  As you can imagine a cell phone with no real battery life is pretty useless, hence my curiosity at what these things actually are.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some kind of answer.