cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cabbal
What's DOS?
Views: 258
Message 51 of 54

Re: Time to come Clean Motorola (Electrify - Blur ROMS)

According to US Cellular Customer Support, the Motorola Electrify has been Officialy Discontinued.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 52 of 54

Cabbal said:

According to US Cellular Customer Support, the Motorola Electrify has been Officialy Discontinued.

@Cabbal

Nice, but not true at this time... this USC site does not agree.

Electrify at US Cellular

...or call US Cellular from your phone and ask... dial 611 from your phone.

TigerC10
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 54

Motoblur widgets and more importantly the exchange activesync functionality appear to be calling home and sending plain text passwords in the clear over HTTP.

http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Projects/Motorola_Is_Listening.html?source=hn

Motorola, why do you need the password I use to access my business e-mail?

dalamar
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 54

TigerC10 said:

Motoblur widgets and more importantly the exchange activesync functionality appear to be calling home and sending plain text passwords in the clear over HTTP.

http://www.beneaththewaves.net/Projects/Motorola_Is_Listening.html?source=hn

Motorola, why do you need the password I use to access my business e-mail?

View original

Step 1: Cancel crappy overpriced proprietary cdma service (uscc, verizon, etc) designed to inconvenience you and screw you over in general

Step 2: sell crap phone on ebay for $10 or save yourself the hassle and bin it.

Step 3: Buy $300 unsubsidized, no nonsense no contract, pure unadulterated and spyware-free android, first-to-get-updates Google Nexus 4 (from google directly, forget the locked ones). Same. Exact. Hardware. as the top "$800" phones (honestly they cost $200-300 to produce at most - gotta "love" capitalism eh? $800 ought to get you a proper laptop with 10x the processing power.)

Step 4: Get sanely priced GSM/HSPA prepaid  service such as straight talk and enjoy your freedom to change networks and travel abroad. (sadly, since the usa is ass-backwards there's only 2 gsm networks, and a bunch of crappy cdma networks...sigh.)

Step 5: Tell carriers to F off, our hardware is ours to do what we want with in any way we want, and we don't want preloaded crap either. 

As an added bonus, you might contact someone who can try to start some laws vs wireless companies. Getting the government to control wireless companies and make them play fair through legislation would be a huge benefit to the world in general. Wireless networks are not so much different in structure from the internet itself, yet wireless carriers are allowed to charge 1000x what they should be for sharing their networks (roaming), they're anti-competitive in general, and the startup costs to supply decent coverage is nearly impossible. Man I'm glad the internet was set up the way it is - if it was like the wireless networks are, I doubt we'd even have high speed internet today - if we did, it would certainly not resemble the great, freedom filled internet we have now.. 

As much as I hate the thought of government controlling private communications, I'd even rather have that than the current situation - they already tap it all, might as well entrust it to someone who isn't motivated by greed, shutting down the competition, and scamming people into overpriced contracts to subsidize phones worth a third of what they lead you to believe.

Humanity is sad and pathetic, corporations are just plain vile.