Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tberneman
What's DOS?
Views: 40
Message 1 of 3

Using the Electrify as an MP3 player

I want to use my new phone as an mp3 player and wondered what the community thought was the best app for the phone and the best software on the computer (I use a PC) to manage my songs.  I'm experimenting with WinAmp on both platforms but on my PC it seems REALLY slow catagorizing my songs and it locked up on one occaision.  I'm somewhat impressed with how Windows Media player works with what little I've seen of it so far.

I want to be able to organize my music too, finding duplicates and deleting them and renaming songs.

Thanks!

Tim Smiley Surprised]

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Using the Electrify as an MP3 player

tberneman wrote:

I want to use my new phone as an mp3 player and wondered what the community thought was the best app for the phone and the best software on the computer (I use a PC) to manage my songs.  I'm experimenting with WinAmp on both platforms but on my PC it seems REALLY slow catagorizing my songs and it locked up on one occaision.  I'm somewhat impressed with how Windows Media player works with what little I've seen of it so far.

I want to be able to organize my music too, finding duplicates and deleting them and renaming songs.

Thanks!

Tim :o]

Good questions!

I'm not sure about the duplicate files, but WMP does work pretty good for organizing music.

As for a player on your phone, I use Google Music, but I also got in on the Music Beta thing also, so it's more then a player for me.

Zumocast will allow you to stream your music and videos to your phone, but you will need to leave you PC on.

Thanks,

J

tberneman
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Using the Electrify as an MP3 player

I found a Windows program called MediaMonkey that I'm checking out as a iTunes/MediaPlayer substitute.  It looks like you can auto-download the mp3 tag info and rename files all with the FREE edition.  I will keep you posted on my thoughts.