Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucker1
What's DOS?
Views: 52
Message 1 of 7

disappearing apps

I had a very odd thing happen I had moved 5 or 6 apps to the SD card using the manage apps function on my phone this morning when I turned my phone on the apps that I had moved to the sd card were gone there was a different icon in place of them when i pushed the icon it said that the program was not installed I went back to manage apps function and the app was still listed I tryed to move them back to the phone but it failed so I had to reinstall them from the market now they work just fine again I have alot of PDFs and Docs and Exel files on the SD card none of them were affected I also have links on one of my home pages setup to open up these files and they were not affected so it seems as there is not a problem with the SD card just with the apps that I had moved there.

Anybody else had this happen is this just a freak accindent? how can I prevent this from happening again

Thanks for your help

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: disappearing apps

chucker

Can you list the steps of how you moved your Apps to the SD card?

Please include what Apps you moved.

Poko

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 7

I have no issue moving Apps/(apps data) that where not pre-installed on the phone.

• Move to Media area
  • Move to Phone
Just re-"Add to Home" what screen you want the Apps/game icon to preside on.

Poko

chucker1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

I moved the Apps by going to settings / Applications / Manage applications / Choose the you app want / Move to media area (which I though was move to SD Card). I moved ES File Explorer,Google Earth, RealCalc,Google Translator,A compass app cant remember the name and Teamviewer there were a couple more but I dont remember what they were I did not take out the SD card or hook my phone up to my computer before this happened. but I did notice something funny the last couple of days before this happened every once and a while when I had other Apps running the screen would flash and I would see my side lock screen for a split second I thought this was due to my screen time out setting time so I changed it from 1 min to 10 min it is odd because I am running No Lock and I dont see the slide lock any more unless I turn off my phone and turn it back on then after the 1st time I use the slide lock I dont see it any more untill I reboot again.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

@chucker

Strange device behavior makes you wonder if there is an instability in the No Lock app or an incompatiblity with the latest update in No Lock?

chucker wrote:

I did notice something funny the last couple of days before this happened every once and a while when I had other Apps running the screen would flash and I would see my side lock screen for a split second I thought this was due to my screen time out setting time so I changed it from 1 min to 10 min it is odd because I am running No Lock and I dont see the slide lock any more unless I turn off my phone and turn it back on then after the 1st time I use the slide lock I dont see it any more untill I reboot again.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
chucker1
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

I still have not figured out why my apps disappered but on the part about the screen flashing back to my lock screen for a split second I uninstalled the no lock app and it did not happen any more after I uninstalled it so I thought this was just a problem was with the No Lock App today I installed a different app to hide the lock screen and it does the same thing, my wife has the same phone and this happens on hers to, so some how these type of Apps must be conflicting with the OS for some reason.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 7

@chucker

If you know an app to be problematic, best to uninstall.  You don't want to create instabilities with conflicting apps...

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."