Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 43
Message 11 of 16

Re: focus on camcorder gone

kansanian

You may consider backing up you stuff on the reused microSD memory, then give it a fresh format using your phone. Please see this link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/489156#489156

Something on the SD card could be corrupted.

One more step in the divide and conquers process to find what is, or is not causing the issue.

Poko

kansanian wrote:

Yeah, I waited for it to fully boot up, twice.  Only other possible difference were the 2-3 pics in the 'gallery' - deleted those (test pics anyway really) and doing another wipe right now, including internal memory. 

There is an 8GB SD card also installed, from my previous phone (HTC Desire), with some mp3s, old pictures, contacts backup, etc.

kansanian
Punch Card
Message 12 of 16

I've tried removing the card completely, and re-formatting internal memory...  no effect.

Interestingly, the app "lgcamera" tries to auto-focus before recording, but then it snaps right back to fixed focus when it actually starts.

This leads me to believe that there is a core component of the system that is buggy.  The hardware obviously works, but there is something wrong with the system file controlling it (its driver, so to speak) perhaps...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 16

kansanian

Pages 26 - 28 of the user guide covers video options. In Video Settings, under Focus Options, do you have it set to Continuous Focus or Auto Focus?

Poko

kansanian
Punch Card
Message 14 of 16

Tried both.  Neither do anything.  It does not show the focus box as it should.  It's as if the driver is hosed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 15 of 16

I do not recall every seeing a focus box in the video cam portion, only the camera. Perhaps other users can help with feedback to what they see?

• The manual does not show a focus box for the video portion of this phone either.

Poko

kansanian
Punch Card
Message 16 of 16

Perhaps I am wrong on that...  all I know is that it's a strange thing to be mysteriously non-functional, and somewhat bothersome.  I do wonder if it's worth exchanging for another since it's so new, or if I'd just have the same issue.