Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

02-15-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-02-17, 18:54 PM

Poko... that would be the WiFi Now app... was never fond of it and had removed it long ago.

I took the phones to our local USCC outlet this morning... the rep helped me move everything over to our SD Cards then recommended that we do a reset... OK... fine.... let's do that... Of course, he refused to do it.  He told me HOW to do it, but he absolutely would not do it form me.

So I guess the next step is to remove the SD cards and try that reset... AFTER I back up the cards to my laptop.

Options

9 Posts

02-15-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 72

2015-02-17, 19:09 PM

So... pursuant to my previous comment, I guess I have a question.

What are the possible ramifications of doing a reset to the phone?  The message I get on the phone is clear... a reset will erase all data from the phone... photos, movies, ringtones, apps and their data, contacts... this all seems kind of extreme!  How difficult is it to restore this data (especially apps/data, contacts, ringtones) to the phone?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 43 of 72

2015-02-17, 19:26 PM

Chris B i really can not say what will happen on your phones doing a factory reset but can tell you what i have to do . First i have everything backed up on Google so when it asked for my email it restores all apps,photos and music and etc i had backed up.O also do not take any chances and back up everything to my laptop. Once the reset is done the play store will start downloading the apps , now on some there maybe updates and some of those updates mayt need your permission. Once everything is loaded you will have to go thru all the apps you downloaded from the play store and reenter your emails,usernames and etc. It is not a hard job but a long and boring one for sure. that is what i do and go thru maybe you should wait for more comments and go from there.  Good Luck

i have not had any trouble with the wifi it connected right away and has never gone off. My only problem and it was there on jb at the end is when i plug the phone into charge the notification light use to come on it does not any more. It will blink red when it is dead and then turn green for a couple of minutes then go out.

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 44 of 72

2015-02-17, 19:32 PM

Chris_B said:

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

There are some limitations to SmartActions on KitKat with location triggers
for WiFi.

Mark
Motorola Support

View original

Mark -

What kind of limitations?  Is this something I should bypass?

View original

Chris_B-

I think the Trigger is to Enable WiFi when you come back to your home network. It doesn't work as well on KitKat as it had on JellyBean.

Sorry I've got newer updates on my mind so remembering back to the summer is difficult for me. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 45 of 72

2015-02-17, 21:29 PM

@Chris_B-

Turn off Bluetooth and see if your WiFi connectivity improves.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

9 Posts

02-15-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 72

2015-02-17, 23:18 PM

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

@Chris_B-

Turn off Bluetooth and see if your WiFi connectivity improves.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

As Skipper used to say, "Thanks, Gilligan!"

I got your message AFTER I had backed up my phone, moved it all to my SD card, and did a factory reset on it.  Of course, when it rebooted, it immediately latched into our wi-fi network where its been for a few hours now.  I have not reconfigured the Bluetooth profile for our phone system.

Not to worry, though.  I had not yet done the reset on my wife's phone, so I turned off her Bluetooth... BANG!!!  Her phone immediately connected to the wi-fi.  It, too, remains solidly connected.

So this brings us to another rather unacceptable condition.  We have a very reliable DECT phone system that we purchased and installed for its convenience.  It worked fine.  If this turns out to be the fix for establishing reliable wi-fi connectivity, we have a compromise that we would not have made when we purchased the EM's and the DECT system.

This raises an obvious question... what now?  Does this feedback prompt Motorola and Google to come up with a fix?

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 47 of 72

2015-02-18, 11:30 AM

Mark I have a issue with the phone searching for service again, I was in the barn which is connected to the house and i always have  2 bars of 3g service and 2 bars of wifi, On jb it was the same way i can talk and text  with both jb and KitKat the difference is now the phone battery goes completely dead in no time and it never did before. Is there a solution for this with out turning the phone off ?

Options

6 Posts

02-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 48 of 72

2015-02-18, 17:06 PM

Greetings,

So we have 2 of these XT901 phones and have been getting the 'update' notice for a few days.  Both phones have been rooted so the update could not be applied. 

US Cellular wouldn't 'flash' my phone so I fiddled around and am now back to stock on my phone.  Since then I haven't received the update notice. 

On my wife's phone, we have the option to download to install later.  So, if I knew where it downloaded to, I could pull it off her phone and put it on mine?  It still fails on her phone because it is still rooted.  She's pleased with it at the moment so I'm not allowed to touch it anymore!

Thanks very much

Options

6 Posts

02-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 49 of 72

2015-02-18, 18:40 PM

Sorry BillC, I think I put my post in the wrong spot. 

Dave

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 50 of 72

2015-02-18, 20:00 PM

No all is good Dave just a couple of us waiting until they get back with some suggestions or answers.

as far as Kitkat on my phone it has actually helped the phone quite a bit just a few minor issues or at least i hope they are minor that i would like to solve

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms