Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 61 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-02-19, 23:17 PM

Mark no the voice quality did not change from normal and it was not getting hot. In the next day or two i will go back out to my shop in the barn and see what the battery usage is.

As far as the notification light it is aminor issue that does not really bother me

Options

6 Posts

02-18-2015

United States

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 62 of 72

2015-02-20, 14:52 PM
​Thanks very much again.
Her phone has the ​ 98.22.13 and is still failing.
Does Motorola offer a download of the original (ROM) package that came of
my phone?
Stay Warm.
Dave
Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 63 of 72

2015-02-20, 15:34 PM

Dave said:

​Thanks very much again.
Her phone has the ​ 98.22.13 and is still failing.
Does Motorola offer a download of the original (ROM) package that came of
my phone?

Stay Warm.
Dave

View original

Dave-

You mentioned that both your wife's phone and your phone were modded. You mentioned yours was modded but you restored to an older version of software than your wife's. Since hers is modded the phone won't allow the upgrade because it isn't passing the security check which confirms that the upgrade will be successful. It's preventative. It's not going to install something that will result in a failure so it aborts and says the upgrade failed though it really never tried to install it. You'll have to get on 98.22.13 or 98.22.14 in order to upgrade to KitKat. It will have to be stock.

Motorola doesn't offer the software for download since all users with unmodded software should be able to download and install OTA without issue. You can go to a US Cellular store and they can hook it up to a MCE machine to upgrade.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 64 of 72

2015-02-20, 15:44 PM

Mark i repeated going out to the barn and yes it is switching back and forth between wifi and mobile service. I have the screenshots i think you wanted. I did notice for some reason Facebook is using alot even though i was not on it.

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 65 of 72

2015-02-20, 15:45 PM

here is the other screenshot, I acn not get this one to upload sorry

Options

9 Posts

02-15-2015

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 66 of 72

2015-02-20, 20:01 PM

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

Chris_B said:

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

@Chris_B-

Turn off Bluetooth and see if your WiFi connectivity improves.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

As Skipper used to say, "Thanks, Gilligan!"

I got your message AFTER I had backed up my phone, moved it all to my SD card, and did a factory reset on it.  Of course, when it rebooted, it immediately latched into our wi-fi network where its been for a few hours now.  I have not reconfigured the Bluetooth profile for our phone system.

Not to worry, though.  I had not yet done the reset on my wife's phone, so I turned off her Bluetooth... BANG!!!  Her phone immediately connected to the wi-fi.  It, too, remains solidly connected.

So this brings us to another rather unacceptable condition.  We have a very reliable DECT phone system that we purchased and installed for its convenience.  It worked fine.  If this turns out to be the fix for establishing reliable wi-fi connectivity, we have a compromise that we would not have made when we purchased the EM's and the DECT system.

This raises an obvious question... what now?  Does this feedback prompt Motorola and Google to come up with a fix?

View original

Chris_B-

Understand your frustration. I've passed this observation on to our engineers to evaluate a possible solution. Further updates would be only provided by request and approval of the service provider. 

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Thanks, Mark...

The phones have been maintaining wi-fi connectivity since we turned off their Bluetooth connectivity.

Lesson learned here... when you look a gift horse in the mouth, better check him out before you take him for a ride.  Had I known this was a "random" push, I'd have probably passed, given the age of our phones.  These back compatibility releases usually have limitations, and that holds true for many OS's, be it for a desktop computer or an Android phone.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Chris

Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 67 of 72

2015-02-21, 13:21 PM
@BillC, you can change Facebook setting so it does not run continuesly in the backround. Maybe save on battery usage some.
Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 68 of 72

2015-02-21, 13:36 PM

Poko i realize I can change the settings but i feel that is a cure for a different issue. I have not changed any setting since i had the phone, Now if kitkat is not the reason for the phone going dead when im in a area of poor service which it never did using jb then the service from US Celluar has changed. I just want to find out what the cause is.

On the plus side when im in a fair service area of wifi the battery life is 90% better in fact i will last all day

Options

1 Posts

05-20-2014

2 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 69 of 72

2015-03-02, 15:47 PM

The update didn't address the issue of not being able to send or receive MMS messages with the factory text messaging app.  Also after installing the update, if you disable too many of the factory installed apps such as google +, amazon app store, google play newsstand, ect, the phone will ring but you can't answer it.  More sloppy software from Motorola.  Like the Quantico I had that wouldn't erase all the text messages.  You had to erase them one by one.  US Cellulars fix for this was to stop into a retail store when I needed to erase messages and they would do it for me.  Or the Crush I had that hung up on calls when my cheek hit the screen.  They were never able to fix that one either.

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 70 of 72

2015-03-05, 11:55 AM

Have you found out anything on why my phone goes dead my son has a 2013 Moto G from USSC and the workshop does not bother his nor does riding . After 45 minutes riding his only dropped 8% and my other son has a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it did not bother his either meanwhile mine went completeely dead

please let me know if you find out anything

Face book has not gone over 8 % since i took that screenshot

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms