Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-22-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 71 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-03-15, 19:39 PM

The update has definitely improved the battery life of the phone and it is running faster than before the update.  I do have a couple of small issues

1. For some reason old text messages keep showing up as just received in Circle's widget and I get an alert.  This is just an annoyance that I can live with.

2. When trying to access my Contacts I will get an error message similar to "Contacts App has stopped working".  If I click OK and then try to access my contacts again the phone displays my contacts.  Yesterday I received the error message 5 times before being able to see my contacts.

Other than these 2 issues everything seems to be working good with the update.

Thanks

Options

11 Posts

03-08-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 72 of 72

Re: Feedback on Upgrade

2015-03-31, 15:03 PM

Not sure it's a cause and effect, but before the upgrade, my phone NEVER froze.  While traveling last week, my phone went dark, with no indication of life except haptic feedback for the power button.  Without my phone contents and no other access to a telephone, other cellphone, or internet connection, I was stymied in doing the matters that the travel was for.  Having never had a crash before, I didn't know how to force a reset.  Knowing that my battery was probably 50% or more, I couldn't afford to wait for the battery to die, so I started different combinations of buttons, eventually stumbling on the right combination for whatever state the phone was in.

I learned an important lesson to avoid total dependence on one device.  Of course, now I need to buy a replacement case, since in opening the phone, desperately seeking a reset function, I tore the plastic around the volume buttons.  Any ideas how to find one?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms