Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-13-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 8

Lousy Customer Service

2014-03-27, 18:09 PM

How can a company like Motorola make a great phone like the Electrify M and be so terrible at support and knowledge in general?  Nobody knows when I will get KitKat for my equally poor customer service US Cellular phone?  How does nobody I've talked to at either Motorola or US Cellular know anything about the Wireless Emergency Alert feature on my phone?  I love the phone but...

Answer
Options

5 Posts

03-13-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Lousy Customer Service

2014-03-28, 2:11 AM

Poko:  Thanks for trying, but after typing in that hugely long address I got to the same screen that I have seen so many times.  It offers NO timetable for when i might expect the upgrade. I can now add this to the long list of places I have tried to find when my Electrify M, bought at US Cellular, might actually expect to get the upgrade.  I can NOT find anyone at US Cellular or Motorola to give me more info than you did (again) Poko.  Again, thanks for the try to help but you really didn't give me anything except a very long email address.

I also can't find anyone who knows anything about the Emergency Alerts on my phone.  I have an icon on my desktop and I can go to Settings to choose the alerts I want.  My problem, or question, is that when I look at it in Settings, it shows 20.00KB of data and 0.00 in app.  I don't seem to be getting the alerts.  We just had a tsunami alert, which was all over my cable TV and my NOAA radio.  Since I never carry those around with me, it would be very nice if I could get the alerts.

Thanks again Poko,

Steve

Replies(7)
Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 2 of 8

2014-03-27, 21:33 PM
~~~ Moved this Thread to correct Forum ~~~
Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 3 of 8

2014-03-27, 21:48 PM
Steve, see this link for update info:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949/action/auth
Answer
Options

5 Posts

03-13-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2014-03-28, 2:11 AM

Poko:  Thanks for trying, but after typing in that hugely long address I got to the same screen that I have seen so many times.  It offers NO timetable for when i might expect the upgrade. I can now add this to the long list of places I have tried to find when my Electrify M, bought at US Cellular, might actually expect to get the upgrade.  I can NOT find anyone at US Cellular or Motorola to give me more info than you did (again) Poko.  Again, thanks for the try to help but you really didn't give me anything except a very long email address.

I also can't find anyone who knows anything about the Emergency Alerts on my phone.  I have an icon on my desktop and I can go to Settings to choose the alerts I want.  My problem, or question, is that when I look at it in Settings, it shows 20.00KB of data and 0.00 in app.  I don't seem to be getting the alerts.  We just had a tsunami alert, which was all over my cable TV and my NOAA radio.  Since I never carry those around with me, it would be very nice if I could get the alerts.

Thanks again Poko,

Steve

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2604 Signins

65398 Page Views

• Views: 65398
  • Message 5 of 8

2014-04-03, 19:05 PM

We rarely provide timing for updates. We know that it's better to take another few days to fix something than to work to a hard schedule -- and that's what you have when you put out a date. 

To be on top of the latest updates, sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

5 Posts

03-13-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2014-06-18, 0:23 AM

My local US Cellular store is of the opinion that Motorola will not release KitKat 4.4 for the Electrify M.  Has anyone else heard this?

Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2014-06-18, 19:01 PM

The Electrify M is still listed on the official  Motorola  upgrade site as getting KitKit.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949

This blog, which has been updated over the last several months, show five Motorola models that are still waiting to get KitKat – the Electrify M being one of them.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/23209/android-44-upgrade-list

The Verizon Droid RARZ M (XT907), a similar, sibling device to our Electrify M (XT901), just got KitKat a few weeks ago (May 12). I was hoping that we’d get it about the same time, but that didn’t happen. There was some noise on Team US Cellular that suggested the ever so secret soak test may be underway about the same time Verizon folks were talking about their testing.

It’s frustrating that, for a device that many people only keep for about 24 months, so much time has to elapse. If Motorola goes against their word and doesn’t provide KitKat, it will only be more frustrating and apparently has happened in the past on other USCC devices (not getting a promised updated).

Options

70 Posts

04-04-2014

United States

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 8 of 8

2014-06-21, 19:37 PM

you just have to shake your head you go to the kink thata is suppose to tell you if your phone will get the kitkat update and when and it just says if you will get it, At the topof the page itn says we need you for the Motorola feedback network i go thru it all to be told we don not need you all invitations have been sent, so disappointing and you can not even get a answer from support on a question regarding my phone not working correctly. I really expected better from Motorola

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms