Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-19-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Motorola Read Only Contacts

2013-02-19, 14:19 PM

Hello everyone,

I got an Electrify M last month and with the recent update to version 98.22.7.XT901.USC.en.US all of my current contacts have become "read only contacts." The main problem I'm having is trying to edit numbers or add/change contact photos and I get a message that says I can't change read only contacts.  This there a way to revert/change my contacts from being read only?

Thanks!

-Jake

Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Motorola Read Only Contacts

2013-02-19, 23:00 PM

Are the contacts that you’re finding “read-only” contacts from another app or service like Skype, Twitter, Facebook, etc.? I’m reading the only way to edit/delete these contacts is through that service or app. I just looked at a Skype contact that I have and it gives me an error stating it’s read-only when I try to delete it from the contacts list.

You can select which contacts to display by selecting the menu icon (lower-right when looking at contacts), selecting Contacts to display and then choosing either All contacts or contact from a selected service or app.

It looks like you can also choose Accounts from the menu icon and choose what apps to sync with. I don’t have Skype selected to sync, but somehow Skype contacts are displayed in my list.

I just reread your post ... if all your contacts are this way then something else may be going on unless you manage all your contacts from another app.

Options

2027 Posts

12-04-2009

United States

39 Signins

756 Page Views

• Views: 756
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Motorola Read Only Contacts

2013-02-22, 13:02 PM

@jake

Which app are you using to accessing your contacts to try and edit:  MyContacts, Phone, Google "Voice", People or other Third Party App?

Do you have auto sync set for contacts?

Poko

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms