Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-10-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

SD Card Issues

2013-02-15, 9:29 AM

How do I get my apps to use the SD card for storage instead of internal memory?

When I first got the phone I did not put my SD Card in because I wanted to transfer some of my old stuuf to my pc then format the card. So when my Electrify M was activated at the store it had no SD Card. After formating the card and putting it in my Electrify M it sees the card fine. I downloaded Asphalt 7 from Gameloft and it put 28 MB in internal storage and 1.8GB on SD. But the SD it put it on is the one the phone made when it was first activated. Is there a way to fix this without doing a factory reset? I don't really want to loose all the data on my phone right now.

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2604 Signins

65398 Page Views

• Views: 65398
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: SD Card Issues

2013-02-15, 17:20 PM

Running apps on the SD card isn't supported in Jelly Bean. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do, though. When did you load Asphalt 7? Is it existing game data you are trying to save?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

7 Posts

02-10-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2013-02-15, 20:41 PM

I loaded asphalt 7 after the update to Jellybean. I'm not trying to run the game from SD but Its supposed to store the game Data on the SD Card.

Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2013-02-16, 1:53 AM

I’d suggest checking with the game vendor to see if they have addressed this issue yet. The problem is that newer Android phone (not limited to just Motorola) have the internal storage mount to /mnt/sdcard, and the real external SD card storage mounts to /mnt/external1. Apps need to be rewritten to allow choosing between these two options for data storage.

Others are having this same issue. Gameloft will need to help.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms