Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™ M
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-03-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

What is /mnt/sdcard/Download/downloadfile.txt

2013-02-03, 14:49 PM

I upgraded to the M a little over a week ago from the original Electrify and at first things were great.  After a couple days I started to get a download /mnt/sdcard/Download/downloadfile.txt and for some reason my wifi started having issues.  I went in and they replaced my phone with a new one and it worked great again.  Now, if I go to open my hotmail, the file downloads again. I can't seem to find out what is being downloaded as it won't allow me to open it.  I don't have a SD card installed as of yet, so not sure what the file is trying to download to.  Has me really confused especially being as I can't find any info online about it.  Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Options

22 Posts

01-26-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: What is /mnt/sdcard/Download/downloadfile.txt

2013-02-03, 15:39 PM

It looks like others are discussing this issue with Hotmail and Chrome. You might want to follow this thread for help. I don’t use Hotmail but just did some searching and thought this might help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-signin/since-last-night-i-cant-access-hotmailcom-on-razr/47ee0747-2c92-4563-b492-17500040c3de

/mnt/scard on the Electrify M is actually internal memory partitioned to look like an SD card to Android. When you install a physical SD card, it will be accessible from /mnt/external1. You should have enough space for lots of apps to install on internal provided you put memory intensive things such as music, video, and photos on the real SD card. 

If you’re new to Android 4 (ICS), you may want to read up on MTP for accessing both internal and SD card memory when it’s in your phone. It’s a little different than previous versions of Android where the SD card was simply mounted as a mass storage. You can still do that for the real SD card if you want to, but you have to use MTP for accessing internal memory from a computer. This was all new to me but i'm finding it works pretty good.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/91213/p/30,6720,8592

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms