Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™
All Forum Topics
Options

111 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

US Cellular, Electrify opinion

2011-11-10, 20:26 PM

Hi all!

I  had US Cellular almost 2 years ago, and loved the voice quality, but hated the lack of smart phones.

I went to Verizon, and have gone through a number of droids, (started with devour- big mistake).

My question is this, how do you like the electrify, and voice and data service from USC, would you stay or go if you had a chance. 

The reason I ask, is my two year commitment is coming up, and do not like being forced to use blur on the Moto phones offered on verizon, not to mention the poorer voice quality.

Also, how well do you feel USC does upgrades, example, do you know will you phone get ICS, will anyone from USC even let you know? 

Thanks for your option.

Options

2 Posts

11-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: US Cellular, Electrify opinion

2011-11-10, 21:07 PM

I had verizon for less than a year.  I switched back to USC and have the electrify.  I love the phone and think that USC has great service for where I live.  I would not switch back to anyone right now.

Options

52 Posts

10-29-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2011-11-10, 21:26 PM

I, too,started with USCC went to Verizon and then came back to USCC. 

the electrify is my first Android after years of Blackberry.  I did my homework on this phone for a long time before getting it.  It has been a great phone.  Just solid.  Great call quality.  Fast browser. And the fact that it has gingerbread android is great.   Im still getting used to touchscreen typing .  Read reviews for the photon.  The electrify is the 3G version of the photon. 

USCC is good service.  You can do worse.  I would not switch in the city that I reside

Options

29 Posts

10-04-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2011-11-11, 1:59 AM

I was with altell when verison bought them out my service went down hill from there. I got my 1st droid when it was altell it was a great phone then after version took over I started having problems and I got 1 story after another I moved to USCC and got the Electrify it is a great phone we have 2 of them and love them make the switch and never look back. after I made the switch the only thing I regret is not making the switch sooner.

Options

9 Posts

11-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2011-11-11, 2:13 AM

I currently have the Motorola Electrify with US Cellular. Amazing device for sure.

I have carried every single android device that they have offered and I can truely say the Electrify is amazing.

Battery life is nothing short of amazing and the computing power of this device is par none.

Options

23 Posts

11-10-2011

United States

2 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 6 of 9

2011-11-11, 16:39 PM

I agree with other posters on having great luck with usc as a whole.  Good pricing, excellent customer service, and now a really respectable fleet of smartphones. 

As far as the phone itself, I have been nothing but impressed.  Not one lock up or FC except for a few 3rd party apps that I installed.  Great battery life for a android device.  Just a solid performer.  My favorite android phone that I have had bar none.

To answer you last question I know I was VERY impressed with the timeframe in which the Merge received it's upgrade to GB.  I felt it was timely.  And along with the updated Sense UI it really improved the phone.  So I feel that while they may not get the updates as quickly as some of the high profile VZW phones, they will still address them in a timely manner.  And from what I have read the Electrify "should" be on the list for ICS in the future. 

Options

38 Posts

11-11-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2011-11-11, 19:27 PM

An amazing phone. My first android was the htc desire and this thing is far better. I have a couple of friend that have various droid models and this thing runs right with them. And the big thing for me is the reception. Just as good as my old razar. The ui is not the same as the droid models but isnt that bad. Even with it not being 4g i think ill have this phone for a while.

Options

2 Posts

11-13-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2011-11-13, 4:40 AM

My 2 cents as a long time USC user I wouldn't use any other cellular provider due to excellent call quality and coverage. Next I'm not sure what ics upgrade is but with the beliefs plans one 2 year commitment after 2 year is up no more contr

acts also with belief plans u can get phone upgrades in as little 10 months with belief points. As for os upgrades for smart phones then tend to be a little slow due to beta testing. So over all best provider in my opinion. Now as far as electrify great phone and any software installed can be removed without having to root phone. Hope that answers any questions.

Options

6 Posts

11-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2011-11-26, 20:48 PM

Yet another longtime, happy US Cellular customer who wouldn't ever go to another carrier (in Chicago) for the 'phone part of the mobile experience'. I really can't compare the data network speeds to any others, but it seems to me a bit slower, but more reliable/reachable from what I see on other people's 3G's.

The Electrify is great except for 2 interface issues - default loud camera shutter sound and inability to dim the display past a certain point. The first issue is easily fixable (do a search for Photon camera sound on these forums) the second might have a similar solution that doesn't require rooting. I'm still researching.

Camera is not as good as some say, and not as bad as some say. Not very good exposure adjustments/range (but a good, fast HDR app like HDR Camera + helps that issue), grainy in anything but daylight, but has a really good flash.

Bloatware is removable, or at least hideable, lots of customizable widgets and apps are of course available with some research.

I wouldn't change, although I've got a bit of Razr envy now, and my iPod Touch has been/is my mobile device when in WiFi environs for a few years, so I am spoiled by iOS interface/apps and Retina display so I still can't leave it home.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms