Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA ELECTRIFY™
All Forum Topics
Options

111 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

google voice answer problem.

2011-12-30, 13:16 PM

I've been using goole voice for a long time to screen calls.  It has worked fine on a number of Moto products, the OD, D2 and recently the DroidX.  A call would come  in, I'd answer it, and at that point, I would press 1 to connect or 2 to have it goto voice mail.

I just got the Electrify, and that does not work anymore.  Pressing 1 or 2 or # or * or ANYTHING will not connect me.

Anyone else using google voice with call screening and the electrify?  What's you experience?

BTW, it was working on all those products while I was a Verizon customer.  So, I've changed carriers and phones.

Thanks.

Cool

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: google voice answer problem.

2011-12-30, 15:05 PM

Google voice is independent of the carrier. Basically it works by forwarding your incoming calls to Google Voice, so you wind up interacting with Google Voice.

Sometimes the automatic setup does not work properly. There are 2 places to check that all is setup correctly.

First go into google voice on a computer and make sure that your settings are correct - your mobile number is listed as the place google voice sends everything. Make sure call screening is setup as well. Also, try turning off the feature where it rings all lines (if you use that).

Then go into the call settings on the phone - not in google voice, but on the phone menu. I don't have an Electrify, but on all the other Android phones you should be able to get to the additional call settings for "forwarding". Your google voice number should be listed. I have mine set to forward on "missed" and "rejected" - I just use google voice for Voicemail.

I am a little unclear as to what happends when a calal comes in. Do you get connected to the caller, or is it silence? Does this happen on all calls?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

111 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-12-30, 22:40 PM

Alphadog,

thanks for the response.

The Google voice setup is fine, in fact it did not change from when I had a DroidX on Verizon to getting the electrify on USC.

When I get the call, and answer it, I get the announcement from Google to press 1 to accept and 2 to sent to VM.  At this point it doesn’t recognize any of the key input.  Nothing I press and any effect, it just times out, and goes to VM.  So, bottom line, I can't answer the Google voice call on this phone/provider.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 4 of 4

2012-01-03, 1:54 AM

Sorry for the dealy... it sounds like your phone is not sending touch tone sounds (DTMF). Do you know if you are able to do conference calls, or any other service that has you "press XXX" for a function?

EDIT:

If your touch tones work for other systems, then the problem is with Google voice. If you search on "google not recognizing DTMF" (without quotes) you will get lots of hits.

This link has a similar problem and a link to a google support page where you can open a ticket.

https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!msg/voice/6gjmsFdPpDY/HiNtPCNcW9IJ

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms