Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildbumpkin
What's DOS?
Views: 841
Message 1 of 4

Adding a sim to contacts

I am trying to add a photo to one of my contacts as their display picture , but when I try to "set as contact icon" this message flashes up:  "the set SIM contact icon is not supported" I have tried adding other photo's to my contacts, but I get the same message.

Would be great if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

CarmenC
Token Ring
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding a sim to contacts

Hi wildbumpkin,
We would like to investigate this. Please send me a private message with the System - Version and the IMEI number of your phone. (Settings > About phone)

Carmen

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I've tried it and it works if you import your contacts before adding a photo.

Go to your phone contacts (blue button), then tap the menu button and select "Import / Export".

Choose "Import from SIM card". Once that's completed, you should go to the "Display Options" and only select "Phone contacts", so you won't have double entries.

Now you can edit a contact and add a photo by either taking it with the camera directly or choosing one from the gallery.

The camera/gallery only work, when an SD card is inserted.

Hope this helps.

wildbumpkin
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

TRose said:

Hi,

I've tried it and it works if you import your contacts before adding a photo.

Go to your phone contacts (blue button), then tap the menu button and select "Import / Export".

Choose "Import from SIM card". Once that's completed, you should go to the "Display Options" and only select "Phone contacts", so you won't have double entries.

Now you can edit a contact and add a photo by either taking it with the camera directly or choosing one from the gallery.

The camera/gallery only work, when an SD card is inserted.

Hope this helps.

LaughingThanks TRose, it worked a treat!