Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anurag
What's DOS?
Views: 610
Message 1 of 4

Motorola charger, Very slow charger

Stock charger supplied with my Motorola Fire Xt is a 5V 550mAh micro USB charges. It is very slow and takes almost 3.5 hours to charge phone.

1. Is this a normal duration. I guess so with ratings.

2. Do we have a fast charger option from motorola or third Party - does such fast charger have any impact on battery life ? which brand etc.

S_Roy
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Motorola charger, Very slow charger

3.5 hours is way too long for a phone to get charged. My Moto Fire usually takes around an hour to fully charge (from nil battery).

In case you haven't tried, try charging your phone from another compatible charger or through USB cable while the latter is plugged into a computer. Have you also checked for voltage fluctuations in your area? Also see if the wall socket is damaged and see if you can charge faster through another socket.

Also, have you updated your phone's firmware. Moto India has released firmware/android o/s updates for a few phones in January 2012. Pleae visit http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/support/update/. An updated android version/firmware fixes many of these issues.

Anurag
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

According to ratings it is exactly matching the time it should take to charge.. though I will make a call to Moto support. 

No Firmware update for Fire XT as of now. I am on 2.3.5.

What is the rated battery for yr Fire. It works as rating/550= time taken to charging with approximation. for 550mAh charger rating.

S_Roy
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'rated battery' but I'm quoting the following directly from the charger - 

Input: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz

0.15A

Output: 5.0V = 550mA

Hope this helps. smiley