Did you mean: 
-aks-
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,208
Message 1 of 5

Phone not responding - Fire XT 311

hi,

good day to u.

i have a motorola fire xt 311 which after purchased developed touch problem and the service center got the touch changed. after it for few months the same was working fine, when i had to do a factory reset as the dialer app was not working and i could not see any contacts in the dialer.

now as i was trying to set one of the pics i had taken as wall paper, did all that is needed, and was in the home screen waiting for the old one to change - nothin happened for about 20 sec and suddenl;y i got a call. answered it and after a while the phones get restarted automatically.

after that when the same got restarted the patter lock screen came up and the touch was not working and i could not go in. how ever when a call come, u get a warnmning that the process "moto switch home" is not working, whether u need to force close oe wait. i gave force close and then the incoming call appears on screen and u can take the call(touch works for this alone). while in the call no other button responds.

the sadest part is i got my colleague also to buy this phone and once he got his main borad as well as touch replaced, but this did not solve the issue, they are getting his phone replaced.

pls help!

CarmenC
Token Ring
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone not responding - Fire XT 311

Hi -aks-,

Does the same thing happen if you insert another SIM card? If it is possible even try a SIM card from another provider.

If that fails, have you already tried to reset your phone? You can do this in Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.

This will erase everything on your phone apart from the data saved on your SIM and SD card.

Does the problem still persist?

Carmen

-aks-
Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 5

hi CarmenC

for the current issue i have not factory reset my phone. The touch does not respond as said earlier, thus i cannot go inside menu-setting - factory default etc. It only responds when a call comes- i can accept the call or reject. The "moto switch home" process is not working properly.

i do not wanna loose any date. is there any way i can reinstall the andriod update 2.3.5 which i have already done. once more updating should hopefuly sove the issue.

thanks in advance

CarmenC
Token Ring
Message 4 of 5

Hi -aks-,

I am afraid that there will be no other way. The reset will not delete anything from the SD and SIM card.

Try the following:

Turn off phone
Press and hold both volume keys. Power on the device and release the volume keys as soon as you see the message 'enter recovery mode'. Then the
Triangle with the droid logo will appear. Press the 'Home' key and the menu with the options will appear. Use the Volume keys to highlight the option and
the power button to select it.

Let me know if it works.

Carmen

Highlighted
harsh11
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

sir please help me..my home screen is black.. i have motorola fire xt311.. 

i done recovery mood.. but still not working...

i lost my moto home mood changer .. so how i get ?