Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA FIRE™ XT
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

05-15-2012

India

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 10

Multiple Issues on Fire XT - Don't buy this phone

2012-05-15, 9:11 AM

Hello All,

Dont BUY any Motorola phones. They are a headache and the Moto service is even more pain in the neck. Totally ineffieicent and un-responsive services from Motorola.

I have faced multiple issues on my Fire XT right from purchase date. And Motorola has been totally helpless on resolving the issues inspite that ia have submitted my handset many times to their service centres.

The problems faced are as below:

-The handset RESTARTS randomly.
-The software and screen HANGS. It becomes unresponsive for a while and then again starts working.
-The call gets disconnected in-between. This is not a operator issue. I have checked with other handsets and different places being stationary. The problem only occurs with motorola handset.
-Sometimes I am not able to hear the other party voice although they can hear my voice.
-Many times the GPRS data connection does not start after i press the activate/enable data connection button.
-Many times the phone is ON and shows full signal but actually it is not reachable. When calling on this no, it shows switched OFF. Then i have to restart to make it work. 
-The contacts does not Syncronise with Gmail. All settings have been verified with Moto Helpline.
-Sometimes when on charging, the charge indicator does not increase even after a long time. However when we restart, then it shows increase level of charge.
-The handset sometimes becomes VERY HOT. This is a health hazard and risk of life !!!
-The speaker volume is also badly designed. If the handset is kept on a soft thing like bedding, the ringing tone is not audible even at full volume.

I am complaining about all this issues from the day of purchase but my issues have not been resolved till now causing a lot of hardship, time and loss of business and financial loss. So be aware and avoid buying any Motorola product.

Tejas

Options

3 Posts

06-03-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Multiple Issues on Fire XT - Don't buy this phone

2012-06-03, 8:30 AM

Try doing a reset.I had a few problems after reset I haven't observed any,also my internal memory at the time of purchase was maximum around 70mb,now its 103 mb!NO custom rom and stuff.

Options

12 Posts

05-15-2012

India

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 10

2012-06-04, 6:46 AM

Thanks for the guide but i have already did Full reset and even the service centre guys have reloaded the full software twice but it did not resolve the issue. 

This is a very badly designed handset by Motorola and with even worst service....

Options

157 Posts

01-31-2011

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2012-07-11, 11:00 AM

@tejas, 

You need to understand many things first. I'am also from India and i want to share my experiences.

Fire XT is a lower end phone. I have been using it for almost an year now without a single isssue.

I'am not a moto employee or a moto supporter, but putting the plain facts.

Since it is low end android phone, the memory is low for this device. though moto could have done better in this area by providing more memory. You can install at the most 10 to 15 apps on this phone. You can however move the apps to sd card and further install few more apps.

IMPORTANT: make sure that you have atleast 40 MB left, if it install more apps, it will install but if the memory goes down below 20 MB, it is going to become very slow and calls may also get cut.

So make sure

you do a hard reset, install few apps and ensure that you have 40 MB free space in your device

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Also Moto has released a update (from 2.3.3  to 2.3.5) for this phone, you can also upgrade the software. Since it is a slow process and considering Moto fire XT is a low end end, for me it took nearly 2 hours to complete the upgrade process and you need to be very patient. some times for example after upgradation and first time booting, it took 15 minutes for me to boot up. So this requires lot of patience.

Even now i have this phone, i love it and i have absolutely no problems.

Just tell me at this price, who gives a gingerbread phone + front and back camera + FM + + wi-fi+ 3G + 32 GB expandable memory slot and very high audio quality.

Options

16 Posts

07-11-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2012-07-17, 17:28 PM

Sheer bad luck man...! 

Nothing else....

In the name of the Almighty...try again !

Options

30 Posts

03-28-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2012-10-08, 16:07 PM

Likewise, I *was* a die-hard Motorola fanboy but after the recent string of pathetic customer support and after-sales service, my loyalty has shifted and I can tell you that my next Android phone wouldn't be a Motorola for sure.

Motorola has now become the new king of poor customer service.

Options

8 Posts

10-04-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2012-10-10, 15:30 PM

for all issue in this phone is becuse of froyo kernel

Options

1 Posts

01-19-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2013-01-19, 12:11 PM

I want to share a story with everybody about pathetic after-sales service of Motorola and high-handedness of their represenatative.

My handset (XT-311) had a touch-screen problem within the warranty period. I contacted Shivom Enterprises (Gurgaon, India) for this problem on Aug 31, 2012. From this time till early November 2012, my handset was with them, and they could not solve the problem. Meanwhile I was using a very old handset, which I had to arranged for myself. When the service centre showed their inability to rectify the fault, I took the handset and contacted their local representative, Prem Prakash. He asked me to send an email with work order no., which I sent  on December 10, 2012. Since them I have contacted him on email 2-3 times and double this number over phone. His un-remorsefully arrogant approach towards a client and forgetfulness with highhandedness complicates the issue further. Despite so many calls and emails from me and after re-re-reminding him of past interactions, his 'human-anatomical hard-disk', which should have been placed at the top-most part of his 'hardware-architecture'
but lies elsewhere (please do not ask me where), does not find the required data (memory loss everytime or maybe memory-full). As a result, the issue is unresolved till now. Today when I enquired about the status, after reminding him of earlier interactions, his answer was, 'you should not have taken your handset even after 2-3 months from the service centre'. Is he living an 21st century life where mobile is such a critical part of personal and professional life? Or he is indicating THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE MORE HANDSET. How long should one his/her handset at the service centre? Needless to add here the problem is still un-resolved. Please wish me good luck.

Options

30 Posts

03-28-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2013-01-19, 13:01 PM

Raj said:

I want to share a story with everybody about pathetic after-sales service of Motorola and high-handedness of their represenatative.

My handset (XT-311) had a touch-screen problem within the warranty period. I contacted Shivom Enterprises (Gurgaon, India) for this problem on Aug 31, 2012. From this time till early November 2012, my handset was with them, and they could not solve the problem. Meanwhile I was using a very old handset, which I had to arranged for myself. When the service centre showed their inability to rectify the fault, I took the handset and contacted their local representative, Prem Prakash. He asked me to send an email with work order no., which I sent  on December 10, 2012. Since them I have contacted him on email 2-3 times and double this number over phone. His un-remorsefully arrogant approach towards a client and forgetfulness with highhandedness complicates the issue further. Despite so many calls and emails from me and after re-re-reminding him of past interactions, his 'human-anatomical hard-disk', which should have been placed at the top-most part of his 'hardware-architecture'
but lies elsewhere (please do not ask me where), does not find the required data (memory loss everytime or maybe memory-full). As a result, the issue is unresolved till now. Today when I enquired about the status, after reminding him of earlier interactions, his answer was, 'you should not have taken your handset even after 2-3 months from the service centre'. Is he living an 21st century life where mobile is such a critical part of personal and professional life? Or he is indicating THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE MORE HANDSET. How long should one his/her handset at the service centre? Needless to add here the problem is still un-resolved. Please wish me good luck.

View original

Hello Raj,

It is unfortunate to hear about your poor experience with the customer care and the service centre. Most of us in India are victims to it anyway. Even my phone was with the service centre for display issues for two months and even then they couldn't fix it. The telephone support is a pain in the wrong place.

I hope you find a proper resolution to this very soon. All the best.

Options

30 Posts

03-28-2012

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2013-01-21, 20:24 PM

sperm2008 said:

@tejas, 

Since it is low end android phone, the memory is low for this device. though moto could have done better in this area by providing more memory. You can install at the most 10 to 15 apps on this phone. You can however move the apps to sd card and further install few more apps.

IMPORTANT: make sure that you have atleast 40 MB left, if it install more apps, it will install but if the memory goes down below 20 MB, it is going to become very slow and calls may also get cut.

So make sure

you do a hard reset, install few apps and ensure that you have 40 MB free space in your device

View original

I have been using Motorola XT 311 (formerly Fire) since October 2011, that's fifteen months as of now and what you said was true till a few months back. The internal memory of the phone is roughly 160 MB overall and I have personally managed to install upto 15 apps all of which could be moved to the SD card but now that the update size of 'system apps' like Maps, YouTube, Motorola Media Player and Google Play Services have increased to such an extent that it is no longer feasible to install any third party app.

On Jan 1st, 2013 (that's 21 days ago as I am writing this) I performed a 'factory reset' on my phone and upon reboot, the free internal memory was shown as110 MB. Then after I connected my phone to the Internet, the 'system apps' started updating and trust me, now the internal memory is only 16MB and I haven't installed any other app from thePlay Store.

Google and Motorola should have thought about the future when manufacturing such low internal memory phones. They lacked vision.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms