Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveMOTOROLA MILESTONE™ (GSM)
All Forum Topics
Options

27 Posts

02-22-2011

U.K.

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 21 of 25

Re: 2.2 Updated Milestone A853

2011-03-18, 20:39 PM

If your phone cannot connect to the server over-the-air (OTA) using 3G or WiFi to check whether there is an update available then when the update does become available, it will not be able to download it either.

Motorola Europe on their Facebook pages have stated that the check for updated for software and download or install of the update can only be done using the Windows application Motorola Software Update (MSU) over USB.

If you don't have a PC, it might be better to borrow a friend's and install the MSU software there, because the alternative offered is for you to send the phone away(!)

Options

4 Posts

03-23-2011

Columbia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 22 of 25

2011-03-23, 15:23 PM

Hi Mark, any news on the 2.2 update in South America?, we kind of feel like you dont know we are there

Options

139 Posts

07-03-2010

Brazil

13 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 23 of 25

2011-03-25, 2:24 AM

Dudes, Froyo for Milestone Brasil is already out! Check with Motorola Software Update =D

Seems it is only for Retail Milestone....

Atualização para Milestone Brasil saiu! Chequem com o Motorola Software Update =D

Parece que por enquanto é apenas para a versão Retail

Best Regards

angourakis
Options

4 Posts

03-23-2011

Columbia

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 25

2011-03-25, 16:49 PM

Not yet in Colombia, just tried, I must say that milestone isnt even listed in the devices Motorola sells in Colombia when you look into the Motorola Software Update Web site, hey Moto at least update it!

Options

26 Posts

08-22-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 25

2011-04-12, 10:59 AM

Hello again Motorola Team!

I have upgraded, but I'm not convinced, the upgrade you delivered, is complete. Like I said to you multiple times, I have accidently WLAN disconnects, sluggish performance till no reaction up to 10 seconds, till I got from a fullscreen application back to my homescreen. Flash not usable, because to slow and loading while beeing used. Before the update, my Milestone worked fine so far.

I did a full wipe, to ensure there isn't any problem because of my usage. Now it works a little better, but like I said, not convincing at all. I called my mobile service provider, in order to exchange my Milestone into another phone, but they wanted, that I send them my Milestone in order to get a downgrade back to 2.1, "which takes approximately 3 weeks", they said. No alternative for me, I'm a usual person who has just one mobil phone, and I'm not looking for another just to fit in your or o2 Germanys customer care.

To be kind, I'm mad of you und what you did with your costumers. But that doesn't solve my problem.

Again, I'm awaiting a solution for this issue, and excuse me for beeing so epic, I won't stop confronting you with it, till I got one. If you suggest a downgrade, please tell me how I could do this by myself.

Thanks in advance,

THE TILL

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms